My 1992 YAMAHA DT125R PROJECT

NEV
This post is 3118 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well they say a picture paints a thousand words, so heres a little project I'm on at the minute

A 92 TZR 4DL2 Belgarda engine, with a 4mm oversized Wossner DT piston, 38mm Keihin carb, mated up with a 4DL CDI,allowing the revs to get to 13k, just need a DTR frame with a V5, and it'll be good to go. It'll either go bang, or will go like fook

img0765vs.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img0764m.jpg

img0752kv.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Nev your were looking at the pipes on the TDR 250 and thinking about putting them on this project and from what i hear you can't realy get them.

Check out U tube about hydro forming pipes I have been looking at some of the vids and it's looking not so hard, got a little rm 80 that the pipe is rotten and I can measure it up for the template if I find time to do it I will post it up.

PS been watching and you do nice clean work

Cheers DT much apreciated.

This is the 4dl exhaust I'll be needing, I'll put a shout out in the wanted section also, just incase someone has one kicking about somewhere

exhaust1.png

• 3 weeks later...

Got the rebored barrell back yesterday, all specs to stage 3 now, and had a new liner put in for the 4mm oversized Wossner piston

img0827mk.jpg

Weird scoops are to keep the bridges/edges of the port cool with fresh cool mixture to stop seizures, and rear 7mm hole for better lubrication, has been suggested, certainly not seen the scoops on other pistons

img0834c.jpg

img0835ek.jpg

Where did you get the fork covers Nev? I'm in the midst of a total amateur job on my dt and trying to spruce it up a little while i'm at it, might as well while it's in pieces! I can't believe what a pro job you've done on that wee ride, pure awesome

Cheers Consmos, The Monster Energy neoprene fork covers on the Black/Green bike I got off Ebay, Acerbis also do them, I've just bought some for the White/Green 89DTR, around £20 if I remember right, again a search on Ebay should bring some up. If you need a hand with any more info just give us a shout.

• 2 months later...

all i can say is.... WOW! that is awesome work man, if i had even a bit of the skill you have my DT project might not be so bad after all

Cheers bud, appreciate that, just keep at it, you'll get there in the end, when ya stood back, arms folded and bikes ticking over nicely, you'll know you've done a proper job.

• 3 months later...

Thanks Calum, looking at how you've done such a top job on your bike, you should be really proud of what you've achieved.

• 8 months later...

Have had about 4 or 5 people saying they can't find this project thread, so have bumped it back from the nether regions, nice to see it is still getting a fair bit of attention.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks Calum, looking at how you've done such a top job on your bike, you should be really proud of what you've achieved.

Hi NEV, Loving your work.

I have just discovered the thread today and noticed that none of the earlier photos work. Do you have them stored online anywhere else. it would be great to see.

Also - I have a feeling im going to have many questions for you on my project. hope that's ok :)

Cheers,

Nicky

Nicky this thread was started in 2011, he's probably deleted the photos from here ages ago, not always a wise move to open threads that are this old. Check the start date of the thread before you make a reply as the member might not still be on here, NEV is actually still around on occasion. Send him a PM if you really want to see the photos and I'm sure he will be ok about letting you see them if he still has them.

Edited by slice