check this out, wow

exess4
This post is 4719 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i know this isn't classifieds but i couldn't refuse:

oh and i was going to put this on the stateside XS400Forum but thought it might stay here longer, ha.

1981 yamaha xs400 special with 42 ORIGINAL miles sell or trade - $2250 (cottage grove)

thats right 42 miles bike has had new tires installed for safety reasons and a new battery, real interesting history this bike is pretty much "new" runs and rides great will sell outright or trade for a smaller on/off road plus cash MUST SEE, DO NOT TEXT, call 81 XS400

3m03o73lb5O05T55W0b5acad3f2c212671044.jpg

3k13m33le5Y55U25R3b5aec3e0bbe7413107b.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I thought i should edit and take the dude's phone # off to be nice.

That thing was posted May 10, on Craigslist 13 days! Did johnsnownw pick it up?

That's pretty interesting...and kind of sad as motorcycles are built to be ridden.

As popular as XS400s are, they aren't really collectible. They are popular because they are a inexpensive, simple to work on and a blank slate for modification. When set up right, they run pretty well. In this context, a 42 mile "survivor", especially one from the 'ugly' years isn't as big a deal as it could be. There isn't much of an incentive to keep it stock...I kind of doubt it will ever appreciate very much. At the same time, it would be a bit of a shame to modify it very much because it is so unmolested. That being said, at around $2,000 it's not too outrageous. It's more than most other XS400s I've seen, but at 42 miles, that makes sense.