YBR125 fault codes

3rdkick
This post is 2605 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi - new to this forum, looks good.

Hope someone can help - have an 08 YBR 125 with an intermmitent fault. Sometimes it will start, no problems, then for no apparent reason the diagnostic light will flash once, then 9 more times a bit quicker?

This I believe is relativly common so hopeing someone has the answer and more importantly what to do to stop it !!

thanks in advance and looking to useing the sire more in the future.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi - new to this forum, looks good.

Hope someone can help - have an 08 YBR 125 with an intermmitent fault. Sometimes it will start, no problems, then for no apparent reason the diagnostic light will flash once, then 9 more times a bit quicker?

This I believe is relativly common so hopeing someone has the answer and more importantly what to do to stop it !!

thanks in advance and looking to useing the sire more in the future.

Yes, you have a fault code 19 - basically a problem with the black and white wire (or its connectors at either end) between the ignition switch and the ECU.

It might be easiest to start at the ignition switch working back to the ECU.

The ECU itself is located within a rubber mount on the top frame tube under the tank about 6" or so back from the headstock.

To remove the tank you'll need to remove the rear tank bolt (12mm), the link bar between the two black plastic air scoops attached to the underside of the tank(10mm), the lower fuel pipe that feeds the injector - remove small crosshead security screw, lift away plastic shroud to release the safety tab (push upwards)to access the two release buttons which need to be pressed in together to release the pipe from the injector unit. A small amount of fuel will leak from the pipe. As you lift the tank you can unclip the feed to the fuel pump. Do not lift the tank up too high or ypou wil ldamge it against the bearing cover located on top of the steering head column.

Having removed the tank which should take you no longer than 5 mins, you can then try and locate the problem :(

ric.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I now have the same fault code on my YBR 125.

My mechanic and I have checked the wiring, nothing is loose not shorts etc...

I've replaced the Egnition switch and the ECU but get the same error.

Does anyone know what might cause the Error Code 19 to persist.

• 4 years later...

I have an ongoing problem that Yamaha Dealer garage cannot even solve. It had the ignition coil changed, ignition switch as well. It starts perfectly every time but once the engine goes to 6000 rpm, it goes into limp mode and switches off few seconds after. They checked "all possible outcomes that Yamaha system suggests" and checked with different ECU and no luck. Anyone can help? It's Yamaha YBR 125 2007. Thank you!

Start a new thread after saying hi in the new members area, things like where you are in the world and any biking experience etc. This is an OLD thread.

ps, find a new dealer this one sounds rubbish.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online