Cheap two-stroke oil

blackhat250
This post is 4724 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Aye lads, Tesco are selling 1 litre bottle , for £4.50 ... Its same bottle as Carlube [ prob bottled under order] , semi-synthetic, good stuff i used it all last year, smells great too. :rolleyes:

no point in buying £12.00 motul or £8.50 rock oil, any body beat this price ,,,?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I asked a bloke, the other week, who'd been a bike mechanic for over 40 years, what 2 stroke oil he reccomended, he suggested this stuff,Oregan Chainsaw Oil.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Oregon-Chainsaw-Super-Saw-Chain-Bar-Oil-Fits-Stihl-5L-/160564492554?pt=UK_Home_Garden_GardenPowerTools_CA&hash=item256263b90a

and after seeing a tv program about how chainsaws are made and the high performance parts inside I'd consider giving it a go, the only worry I'd have is it's a mineral oil and from what I understand mineral isn't so good in 2t bikes. Anybody tried this? or can anybody enlighten me about the pros and cons of synthetic oil, v mineral? cheers Nev

Hi - worth an argument on this one!! Remember you dont get 'out for nowt' and being a local bike shop next to a Tesco we see a lot of two strokes bikes with running issues, no power and/or blocked exhausts - the oil is cheap for a reason and does not always burn leaving harmful deposits in the exhaust/engine which eventually, like yor arteries, get blocked - then the heart attack happens!!

..and as for Morrisons, dont even go there! We make a lot of money out of customers who use Morrisons fuel and oil - thanks Morrisons!!

Personally - its worth the extra - you have been warned!!

I'm guessing your talking about the Morrisons Own Brand Oil's and Tesco Own Brand? Because we only sell carplan 2 stroke motorcycle oil in 500ml and thats the only 2 stroke motorcycle oil. I can tell you now, The Morrisons oil sells so much. I dont know why people dont wait till the Carplan stuff goes on offer.

Hi - worth an argument on this one!! Remember you dont get 'out for nowt' and being a local bike shop next to a Tesco we see a lot of two strokes bikes with running issues, no power and/or blocked exhausts - the oil is cheap for a reason and does not always burn leaving harmful deposits in the exhaust/engine which eventually, like yor arteries, get blocked - then the heart attack happens!!

..and as for Morrisons, dont even go there! We make a lot of money out of customers who use Morrisons fuel and oil - thanks Morrisons!!

..........and as for Morrisons, dont even go there! We make a lot of money out of customers who use Morrisons fuel and oil - thanks Morrisons!!

will you expand on that plz, my bandit wont start and I am expecting to find gunge in the carb, ok it has been laid up for winter and the fuel may be a little stale but I would love to hear your findings, the bike was predominantly filled with morrisons fuel.

Petrol " if you go to the refinery, you"l see all the trucks, [ with Asda, tesco, brogan, etc,] filling from same bulk tanks, As for oils, you hardley ever see mineral oil nowadays , its near all synthetic or semi-synthetic, either way,,,its 10 times better than oils in 1970s :rolleyes: , 25-1 it was common then, nowadays 50-1 is commonplace , tells you summat,,,,:)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online