another xj6

pilninggas
This post is 4687 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

After getting knocked off my last XJ6 and the bike getting wrote-off, i didnt imagine i'd get a new one for the same price as the first (£4100). However today put a deposit down on a XJ6S from George White for £3999 on 0%.

Chuffed to bits...only downer was dropping the TDM coming out of work....oh well you win some you lose some.

Will be glad to be an XJ6 owner again, they are so underrated it is unbelievable.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

great stuff merv,thats a bloody good price for a new one better luck this time. B)

great stuff merv,thats a bloody good price for a new one better luck this time. B)

thanks OT

i wish i found my one at that price :(

i suffer from OCD when it comes to getting a bike at a bargain price.

Good man yourself Pilninggas.

Hope you enjoy this one every bit as much the last ! They do indeed seem to be a very good bike.

At that price ya cant go wrong

Best of luck to ya and,,,,,,well wear

:D

Good man yourself Pilninggas.

Hope you enjoy this one every bit as much the last ! They do indeed seem to be a very good bike.

At that price ya cant go wrong

Best of luck to ya and,,,,,,well wear

:D

yeah hopefully this one will last a little longer!

-not sure if i'm wearing well, maybe wearing out! :patty:

Good one Merv, will we see it at squires this year...you can buy us a pint with the money you saved. :D

Will do :beerchug:

Hey hey hey :D nice one Mervin, is it the ABS version ?-hope to see some pics soon, keep your hands on the grips of this one and not behind your head ;):lol:

yeah hopefully this one will last a little longer!

-not sure if i'm wearing well, maybe wearing out! :patty:

Well ware = may your bike age good with little trouble ;)

Hey hey hey :D nice one Mervin, is it the ABS version ?-hope to see some pics soon, keep your hands on the grips of this one and not behind your head ;):lol:

nah not ABS, just bog-standard pull-n-pray!

Well ware = may your bike age good with little trouble ;)

Yeah i hope this one lasts, i had designs on doing 60,000+ on the last one :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the new XJ6 yesterday :thumb: , was a mad day..my mate was picking up a new Hayabuse [jammy beggar] from the same dealer and chopping in 2 bikes. So i rode his FZ6 up and brought my XJ6 back. Was all a bit worrying as he had out-of-date paperwork and it was all a bit touch and go for him :eusa_eh:

So glad to be back on an XJ6, like an old friend. It handles quite a lot better than the first one i had. Not too sure why, possibly that the fairing is just preloading the front suspension a bit more and making the rake steeper. :icon_cool:

We did a few miles as mine needed running in (Running in a hayabusa = supercar performance anyway so no biggy for him), but it seemed like every other vehicle we encountered wanted to take one of us out. I nearly got pinched up between a bus-stop and a silly bitch in the wrong lane, he nearly got taken out by an old-fart in a volvo. We both nearly got ran down by a chav doing a ridiculous overtake in a Saxo. :pissed-off:

All in all good though, forgotten how damn smooth these engines are....

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Ahhhh a condor moment Mervin

Mupp Mupp pfffff B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online