YPVS

This post is 4704 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello, i kno there is allready a huge thread on how to de-restrict a dt125r. but ive allways had this on my mind about the ypvs on my motorbike.

basically when my powervalve was supposedly working ages ago it had no differnece in bottom end power than it did when the valve was jammed closed and dis-connected. and while it was supposedly working it would only top out at around 65mph in 5th, and 6th gear had no power what so ever. while when the valve was jammed closed it would go off the clock.

and ive never figured out why it has been like this because it span in the same directions as the videos posted on youtube ect.

the bike model is 2001, and im 99% sure that the PW was working in the correct way. is it possible that even if the cable were the tiniest bit loose it would open or close correctly? or maybe somethin to do with the generator/battery?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The PV should rotate anti-clockwise with increasing revs when viewed from the pulley end.

yea thats what it did, it worked in the correct way, but it seemed to make the bike really slow, thats why i unplugged it.

yea thats what it did, it worked in the correct way, but it seemed to make the bike really slow, thats why i unplugged it.

It must have been set wrong then.

it should be smooth and flat inside the exhaust port when the notch in the pulley and the hole behind it are in alignment.

It must have been set wrong then.

it should be smooth and flat inside the exhaust port when the notch in the pulley and the hole behind it are in alignment.

yea it was, the 'u' shaped bit in the pulley was alinged with the hole when the exhaust port was flat.

Power valves can be fitted 180 degrees out , it may have been taken out for cleaning and replaced wrong . Worth giving it a clean and checking , if it is gummed up it will not want to turn , it does require a good battery as well .

Power valves can be fitted 180 degrees out , it may have been taken out for cleaning and replaced wrong . Worth giving it a clean and checking , if it is gummed up it will not want to turn , it does require a good battery as well .

im pretty sure the valve can spin a full 360 degrees though? and its symetrical, so im not quite sure how it could be fitted wrong, yea the battery was fine when i had it running before. but just wont do it anymore.

it may just be gumemd up though, i'll clean it after i get the stupid bike running again

so we have two different posts on this same issue...why?

if you mean the other thread, you cleary havent read the name correctly? the other thread is about the bike not running, this thread is about why the powervavle wasnt working correctly. the only reason i writ about the powervalve in the other thread was because that was what i was doin at that point in time when the bike stopped running, and i never asked on that thread why the valve wenrt workin. the thread title says it all.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online