Dt250MX exhaust systems - fancy a new one?

This post is 587 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Your thoughts gentlemen or even can you point me in the direction of someone who is already doing this so i can place an order for one. It way well have been done before and i di not want to reinvent the wheel

Ok then. I may well have found someone who would manufacture a system for the DT250. I have looked long and hard on fleabay and literally 100's of sites for the system to no avail, they really do seem to be as rare as rocking horse poo. Assuming i am not as dumb as a box orf rocks and there is someone sitting (uncomfortably) on a pile of dt 'spannies' and silencers and i am the only one who does not know about them then;

Q1: If i could get someone to manufacture a pattern system based on the stock system would anyone be interested. Likely the more people interested then cheaper that will be.

Q2 If i could get someone to manufacture a performance system (fresco-a-like) would this be of interest.

Q3:What would people be prepared to pay? I am not looking to make money out of this but do know what value people would place in a new system v.s the cost to manufacture. I understand that realistically the first /prototype will be the expensive one and then the following ones will be just time and materials. I think getting together an order of 20 or so would make it worth while and cost effective - that is a back of a cig packet guestimate.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hiya pal,i know what you mean,my expansion pipe keeps blowing holes in it and is too thin to repair really,take a look on youtube at DT400,he won t reply but he s got (or made) a first class expansion pipe with modern oval box at the rear,sounds awwwwwwesome!!

• 2 weeks later...

We do have a Dutch Yamaha DT-site. www.yamaha-dt.webs.com. In the Netherlands there are two companies which do make

exhausts for the DT.

In this video

you can see both exhausts. The black DT is a 250 with an exhaust made by Fedor Copal. The white 400 do

have an exhaust from PS-Tuning. (my white DT125LC do have a Gianelli) PS tuning has a link on our site.

Main problem can be a donor-motor. Both exhaust makers do need the DT to make and fit the exhaust. About one month ago

Fedor had a DT400 in his workshop. I do not know if the 250 and 400 do have the same exhaust.

The white 400 (with another tankreservoir)

http://yamaha-dt.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=23106196

The black 250

http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af125/yamaha-dt/DT250/?action=view&current=dt250-71.jpg

One member of the Dutch site made his own exhaust.

http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af125/yamaha-dt/DT250/?action=view&current=P1020096.jpg

• 11 years later...
On 5/11/2011 at 7:37 PM, The Zohan said:

Your thoughts gentlemen or even can you point me in the direction of someone who is already doing this so i can place an order for one. It way well have been done before and i di not want to reinvent the wheel

Ok then. I may well have found someone who would manufacture a system for the DT250. I have looked long and hard on fleabay and literally 100's of sites for the system to no avail, they really do seem to be as rare as rocking horse poo. Assuming i am not as dumb as a box orf rocks and there is someone sitting (uncomfortably) on a pile of dt 'spannies' and silencers and i am the only one who does not know about them then;

Q1: If i could get someone to manufacture a pattern system based on the stock system would anyone be interested. Likely the more people interested then cheaper that will be.

Q2 If i could get someone to manufacture a performance system (fresco-a-like) would this be of interest.

Q3:What would people be prepared to pay? I am not looking to make money out of this but do know what value people would place in a new system v.s the cost to manufacture. I understand that realistically the first /prototype will be the expensive one and then the following ones will be just time and materials. I think getting together an order of 20 or so would make it worth while and cost effective - that is a back of a fag packet guestimate.

Well Zohan, did you ever find a source of an exhaust system for your DT250MX??

I have a '77 ex Danish army model and I need the complete exhaust for my project. I don't even have a pattern except a stainless pipe that someone made for it sometime. 

I want to restore to original so I have to find one somewhere.

Regards, Michael (English but in Poland)

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the DT400 exhaust is the same shape as the DT 250?

According to the parts manual they have different pat numbers

I have spoken with Peter at PS Tuning and he has a pattern for the DT 400 but not for the DT 250.

Otherwise if there is anyone in Holland/Germany who has a '77/8 DT exhaust that Peter could borrow to use as a pattern, that could be another option.

I would appreciate any help offered.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online