busted spoke,

This post is 4731 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Anybody got any thoughts on wheel replacements for the TDR, bike is a keeper but as a maried slave to the system with 2.4 sprogs, morgage etc etc etc lashing out hundreds of pennies for some fancy stuff is a a stretch.

Anybody got some realistic soloutions, am i right in thinking that one busted spoke may well be the beginning of the end for the rest of em?

Cheers all.

Edit:- been looking at central wheel. Rebuild my wheels with stainless spokes for about 80 quid a wheel?

Opinions...?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

TZR wheels will be stacks of cash (if they fit) and a new rim and spoke set at around £200 a wheel is not a pleasant thought. Can you get some single spokes and repair the ones that need doing for now?

Anybody got some realistic soloutions, am i right in thinking that one busted spoke may well be the beginning of the end for the rest of em?

I had a spoke go on one occasion, so I just replaced that one spoke. Was never a problem thereafter. But as you say, the longer you leave it, the more chance that the others will start going.

Lee

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online