??induction tank??

ben125
This post is 4710 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone:)

recently ive just tacken a bottle off on the air intake next to the carboureter i belive its called a induction bottle??? at the time i thought it was some kind of filter but it was a empty so put it back on can enyone tell me what it is and does its puzzling me!

thx :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the 2-smoke boys will be along to enlighten us all in a bit. as far as i know the energy induction system is designed to reduce the pulsation effects on the inlet, as the crankcase draws in charge. i dare say that the engine also 'sees' a larger vacuumed area may also help the engine to develop more torque lower down in the rev-range. knowing yamaha it is probably produces complex harmonics too (them being musical instrument makers and all :D ).

the 2-smoke boys will be along to enlighten us all in a bit. as far as i know the energy induction system is designed to reduce the pulsation effects on the inlet, as the crankcase draws in charge. i dare say that the engine also 'sees' a larger vacuumed area may also help the engine to develop more torque lower down in the rev-range. knowing yamaha it is probably produces complex harmonics too (them being musical instrument makers and all :D ).

It stores inlet mixture, very breifly before the reed valves shut there is an amount of back flow before the piston passes and starts to draw into the cases again. This would normally be lost, the boost bottle gives it somewhere to go and means the engine starts to fill instantly the engine demands it.

Supposedly it boosts torque, maybe it does. On the TWIN cylinder bikes its more fun as the spare charge flows into the other piston.

But to answer your question yes it is just an empty bottle that absorbes inlet backpressure and puts it to good use.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online