Tail Tidty

AdamFozz
This post is 4723 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi There,

As requested I have now added a newbie thread in the correct section!

Anyway, I have my Xj6 now! YES!!! I wanted to get to work on the tail tidy tonight but have found that I cannot remove the indicators. Has anybody else done this? I expected them to just be bolted on but they dont seem to be...not even sure if they will actually go on the new tail tidy since it has just one hole drilled.

Any help would be great?

Adam

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

In the end I purchased one with after market indicators. For some strange reason the hazard lights only work with the engine on now...very strange. I tried the old indicators on again and the hazards worked without a hitch with both engine on and off.

Anyone else had this issue?

Adam_Fozz

• 2 weeks later...

In the end I purchased one with after market indicators. For some strange reason the hazard lights only work with the engine on now...very strange. I tried the old indicators on again and the hazards worked without a hitch with both engine on and off.

Anyone else had this issue?

Adam_Fozz

Best check that all your wires are correct. I've got the tail tidy with aftermarket LED tail light and its a bugger but once you got all the wires right, everything works. With regards to getting the indicators off, they pop off with a little force. the rubbery bit keeps them on.

Thanks Dave,

I had them off and back on again a few times and they are definitely in the same positions as the originals. Im going to move this thread into the tech area to see if anyone has come across this before.

Im thinking it could be to do with lower wattage bulbs in the aftermarket indicators or something.

Adam_Fozz

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online