FLOOR BOARDS

taff69
This post is 4713 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi there my names lee just joined y o c living in swansea just bought new xvs 1300 midnight im loving been used to sport tourers but i am really loving new bike been out twice 250 miles done and scrape floor boards times is this right?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi + welcome to the forum.

I've scraped my floorboards twice since I've had it, both times on a roundabout. I'd probably scrape them more if I rode the bike more like my Fazer but I tend to take it easy in the bends (normally have the other half on the back of the 1300). I wouldn't worry about the floorboards as they've got a plate on them at the rear that you can replace when they wear down.

Graham

I ride a 650 Dragstar and the only times I've decked the pegs out is when I've been going too fast for, or been incorrectly possitioned in, the corner (sometimes on purpose).

Cruisers need a slow, graceful banking turn. Pretend you're flying a large bomber as opposed to a fighter jet.

Guest martinread

Just changed the floor boards in my living room, would you like my old ones? been down about a 100 years so well broken in! :lol: