Hi Everyone! Need your expertise

VisualVales
This post is 4664 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone. I just bought my first bike, Yamaha XS750 Special 1978, and joined up on this forum. I'm having quite a few problem getting this thing back to it's former glory. Besides having issues with my flashers and ignition button, I am trying to find out where to connect the tach cable on the engine. Any and all help would be appreciated.

God Bless!

Brian

• 2 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello, the tach cable should not connect to your engine it should connect to your front wheel near the brake, then into the tachometer. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Hello, the tach cable should not connect to your engine it should connect to your front wheel near the brake, then into the tachometer. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

:huh: that's where Mr speedo goes, he's the one that measures your road speed. Mr Tacho might live front top of the cylinder headas its nice and warm there because he likes to sleep comfy.

this, BTW is the new members area NOT the workshop <_<

moving this thread....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online