tank logo

petercnm
This post is 4741 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone,

another question from sunny belgium...

I was thinking of getting my drag star painted (matt black).

Now i saw a few examples of cars being wrapped, and as i understood it also possible for bikes (i thought fuel tank would be a problem because of the tight curves)

Now my question...the label on the side of the fuel tank..how do i get it off?

Is it glued somehow, or attached with screw or other means? So will there be a hole when i take it off?

thanks

Peter

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's kept on with 2 sided adhesive. Fishing line or "cat gut" should do the trick. Use tape adhesive remover to get off the remaining bits. Rubbing alcohol will also work but reqiures more elbow grease. You can also just roll it off with the pad of your thumb. That take the most time but is suprisingley effective.

yeah i tried to prise mine off with a knife.....sort of worked but it took about half an hour each side (i scratched the paint to bits but i was re-painting it)

its just a strong glue they use but the fishing line trick is a good one!

and just to give you a sneek peek of what it will look like..

100516_152614.jpg

Thanks guys,

that is 1 worry less for me (no hole!!)

Peter

yeah i tried to prise mine off with a knife.....sort of worked but it took about half an hour each side (i scratched the paint to bits but i was re-painting it)

100516_152614.jpg

+1 for the WD40-its not much use for much else, but it does dissolves adhesive ;)

Is this sprayed or wrapped?

thx

Peter

100516_152614.jpg

Dude, sweet. How much did that set you back. I've just posted a topic about the price of a spray.

it cost about 25 quid.

£5 on wire brush drill attachment

£8 on hammerite metal primer

£8 on 4x black rattle can paint, (still got some left over lol)

£4 on sand paper

but i found blackbord paint is quite good, and weather/chip resistant.