Is this good or bad?

Digsy
This post is 4688 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello again :rolleyes: .

Using GoCompare (god help me sitting through those adverts for nothing) i got a quote for £220 TP

Im 17

Live out in the countryside (although beside a carriageway)

got my 05' YBR 125 yesturday

and rode a Gilera DNA 50 from my 16th for £300 TP insurance.

So how does £220 sound? :unsure:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Given some of the horror prices, that sounds good. I guess that is the cheapest of the "compare" quotes.

• 1 month later...

If you can, go for TPFT, it's just a bit more peace of mind, god forbid if anything did happen. £220 sounds pretty reasonable though :)

The price really ought to be a secondary consideration, look into the company offering the low price before you commit, there are some crappy insurance firms out there, and it will only become apparent when you really need their help.

Lowest price?.......usually for a reason.

Slightly off topic, but I hate comparison websites. They share your details with every Fecker under the sun.

I used a well known comparison site when my car insurance was due, been bombarded since then with email, calls & txts from 3rd party companies trying to get me to claim for injuries I don't have from an accident I had 2 years ago!!

Rant over, feeling better :)

• 2 weeks later...

dont go third party only

you need to heave theft covered (now im not saying you live next to gippo's or chavs) but you do need to be covered.

£220 seems quite good but try devitt insurance, they do good first time biker rates

Slightly off topic, but I hate comparison websites. They share your details with every Fecker under the sun.

I used a well known comparison site when my car insurance was due, been bombarded since then with email, calls & txts from 3rd party companies trying to get me to claim for injuries I don't have from an accident I had 2 years ago!!

Rant over, feeling better :)

There's a trick to this, don't give them your phone number and have your email set to filter everything as junk. Most of them you can opt out of marketing info etc which also helps.