250LC What 2 stroke oil recommended

mickb
This post is 4724 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All, with the amount of oils available now and having been away from bikes for many years, what would be a good oil for the autolube on the LC? Obviously the smell of the Castrol is a great hit still, but I have read that there are many others now as good.

Also is it still better to go for the pre mix than the auto lube?

All recommendations welcome,

Thanks,

Mick.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi All, with the amount of oils available now and having been away from bikes for many years, what would be a good oil for the autolube on the LC? Obviously the smell of the Castrol is a great hit still, but I have read that there are many others now as good.

Also is it still better to go for the pre mix than the auto lube?

All recommendations welcome,

Thanks,

Mick.

Best you can afford, its that simple. Fully synthetic is best. Most oils are up to the respective standards but the forecourt stuff is getting naff. Only good for chainsaws and stuff.

Stick with Castrol, Silkolene, Motul, Rock to name some of the more common 'good' oils. They will all mix too although some are sometimes marked as premix only and they won't pump properly, whatever you do avoid anything with the words mineral even HINTED at on the bottle. Mixed with regular oil it turns into an engine killing snot.

As far as the pump/premix goes its the autolube for me every time, others prefer the premix. Both work.

Thanks for the reply, I will have a good look around, may go for the premix as the bike wont be out much, only good summer days etc.

Mick.

sikolene comp 2 off road pre mix only for me im affrade, as pumps fail, not often ,but it's a fact , then its too late, your flying over the bars.

iff you pre mix you know it's in there.

i don't even shake the tank as the speed bump on the way out of the filling station is enough to mix it up.

350 ml pop bottle to the tank full of fuel is all you need,my bikes been run like this with no misshaps for the past ten years,and i rag the arse end off of it......

I recently asked an old boy who has been a motorbike mechanic for about 40 years, which 2t oil he reckoned I oughta use, he reccommended " Orange county chainsaw oil"

now I've not yet got around to using this stuff but did a google and its cheap as chips, just wondered if anybody else has ever heard/used this stuff, also I'm in the middle of a renovation of a '92' dtr 125 and will be deffinately going for the premix, as the trouble I've had with my lads scooters, semi-seizing due to pumps packing up is unbelievable, and expensive, I'm thinking of a ratio of 40 to 1, does this sound about right, for the 125? Cheers Nev

.your taking a risk that i would not by putting cheep oil in a classic bike ,

use the comp pre mix off road,you wont regret it. :unsure: trust me :)

30-1 is a good mix ratio

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online