Helmet visors and the UK law

Rutele
This post is 4729 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So in real terms your happy to pay anything up to 200 quid more just for the paint job? :o

For me it runs in a simple order,

fit,

ease of use,

noise,

cost,

looks,

If I can afford it, why not splash my money a little on something so beautiful :)

I like the order. I actually wanted to get arai astro light in black but the fit was awful (I hope its just this particular one)! Hence I paid a bit more and got the shoei. I'm very pleased with it and the visor mechanism.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Fair point, asthetics have never been something i lust after TBH.

I can watch a large steam engine turning over for hours reveling in the sheer craftmanship and technical ability those mechanical pioneers had, working to thousands of an inch on bits of machinery weighing in some instances 40 tons.

Paint, bit lost on me. I like to keep my bike etc clean and polished but thats it.

The DT got a rattle can job 20 years ago and its still in the same paint ;)

Fair point, asthetics have never been something i lust after TBH.

I can watch a large steam engine turning over for hours reveling in the sheer craftmanship and technical ability those mechanical pioneers had, working to thousands of an inch on bits of machinery weighing in some instances 40 tons.

It's Guy Martin in disguise!!

Seriously though. The flip front lids with the built in shades are excellent! A simple piece of design that is extremely practical.

However, If you are in the slightest doubt about the law.. do what I do and go to the local police station, they are extremely helpful

and tend to appreciate the fact that you've taken initiative to chat to them and... if nothing else, it gets you in their good books ;)

always helps to know the local plod in any case!

Best of luck

I have a Caberg Konda with the flip down sun visor and cannot image buying a helmet without one. With our long springs and autums and sunsets, there is too much of the day and too many days when the sun is low in the sky not to have one.

any salesman in any bike shop will tell you that they are obliged to tell you that coloured or tinted visors are for off road use,

and that is what they sold it to you for,

as for buying a new skid lid,buy a shark,,,any shark,

don't buy aldi or lidl cack ,oh and arai are cack aswell. check out the sharp helmet ratings....

iff you come through bolton with a tinted visor and the police see it ,you will get stopped,cos up here they are tossers.

Well, Bolton is a little out of my way...:) so I think I will give the visor a go. Will probably get one off ebay unless I get any other suggestions.

Thanks to all for your advice and opinions! Really helped me to make a decision.

Fingers crossed it will look as awesome as I can already picture it in my head :D

:thumb: Nice one. You have it with the black visor?

yup with black visor and riden past police with it and had no trouble the only ones you need to watch out for is traffic police,your local police won give a monkeys.

vic does it say daytime use or track use only ?

rutele iff your looking on the web by the way ,try googling helmet visors click shopping then change priority to lowest first...

vic does it say daytime use or track use only ?

rutele iff your looking on the web by the way ,try googling helmet visors click shopping then change priority to lowest first...

It says 'For Day time use only'. Its printed just below the AGV logo.

I also carry a clear visor when i know night time riding is likely.

i was just asking as i have a rsr2 morror visor that has, only for off road use printed on it...

i was just asking as i have a rsr2 morror visor that has, only for off road use printed on it...

Anything that hides your ugly mush can only benefit society! :P (You had to be 18 year old before you could look in Kevs pram!)

Anything that hides your ugly mush can only benefit society! :P (You had to be 18 year old before you could look in Kevs pram!)

at least i wear my helmet the right way around,,you uglybum.:P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online