Curse you all!!

LiamDTR
This post is 4757 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I genuinely cannot believe it... I have fallen in love with the DT, Thus I'm keeping it!

Past few days I've had it out and I've covered... 70.6 miles since the bike was taxed!!

I'm incredibly pleased that I took OG's advice and kept sticking with it, I've now mastered the

YPVS and it isn't lifting so much now.

Today I went for a ride out with a friend who owns an Aprilia RX 125 2010 model that is Dyno proven

to be 21.7 hp! The DT murdered it!!! I really enjoyed the ride we had (yes we did play throughout the shire),

we stopped off over selsley common in Gloucestershire and had an Ice cream while chatting about the two bikes and

both of us agree that my lovely little DTR is not for the feint hearted! I'm taking it off of eBay after confirming this

post and will be sticking with you chaps indefinitely :)

Once again, cheers for all of the advice and help you have all provided, I intend to keep working on the bike and to get

the rest of the panels / tank sprayed up and also get the engine polished when the engine needs working on :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good news Liam, sounds like you have a bloody awesome one there, faster than mine I reckon but I have heard the early ones are the fastest. ;)

I wouldnt like to do 180 mls on one but if its in good order it should take it in it's stride, take your time like. The seats are bloody uncomfortable to say the least but Pat (2wheels) came from Ireland on his so if the will is there... :rolleyes:

Good news Liam, sounds like you have a bloody awesome one there, faster than mine I reckon but I have heard the early ones are the fastest. ;)

I wouldnt like to do 180 mls on one but if its in good order it should take it in it's stride, take your time like. The seats are bloody uncomfortable to say the least but Pat (2wheels) came from Ireland on his so if the will is there... :rolleyes:

Hehe I'd like to think it's a quick 'un :) I'll probably attend next years in all honesty, my next objective for the bike is to

get the engine polished from top to bottom followed by the not put together engine being completely re-done to find out exactly what is in there

and how it can be better or more optimal and then, either get a new carb or have my mixture screw pilot drilled out by our local engineering company

(Renishaw)and replace it THEN... I will have peace of mind and will ride 180 miles ;P

OH also while the engine is out of the bike the frame will get a respray... not sure what colour but no doubt it'll end up black!

ee I remember the old guards van on the trains. no probs getting a bike from A to B that way!

progress? Pah!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online