DT 125 missing part

algaib
This post is 4757 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My bike passed the MOT yesterday :) but now it seems there is a part missing from the carburettor which I didn't spot before. Can anyone tell me what should be there, and how important is it?

Images at http://www.theabominablesnowman.co.uk/DT125.html

Thanks

I thought the same but it doesn't seem to affect the running of the bike I shouldn't worry too much about it

Good to hear you've got a new MOT on your machine. I therefore assume you sorted all your starting problems out.

You started a couple of threads in the workshop area but never finished them off to let us know what the problem was

Starting Problem

and

Overflow problem

One thing that really gets my goat on ANY forum is reading threads that never tell the audience how they solved the problem.

New members will read posts and think, 'thats whats happening to my bike...." but never find out the actual cause, especially when there are multiple solutions.

It only takes a couple of lines... Thanks guys you were right, or nope turned out to be a damaged monkey reciprocating lubricating screw!....or whatever :P

thats it..moan over!

Well done for the new MOT ;)

Good to hear you've got a new MOT on your machine. I therefore assume you sorted all your starting problems out.

You started a couple of threads in the workshop area but never finished them off to let us know what the problem was

Starting Problem

and

Overflow problem

One thing that really gets my goat on ANY forum is reading threads that never tell the audience how they solved the problem.

New members will read posts and think, 'thats whats happening to my bike...." but never find out the actual cause, especially when there are multiple solutions.

It only takes a couple of lines... Thanks guys you were right, or nope turned out to be a damaged monkey reciprocating lubricating screw!....or whatever :P

thats it..moan over!

Well said that man, poeople but time and effort and even research into answering posts in order help to solve problems. I have done it myself many many times, it used to get my goat too NEO, keep going to the seemingly urgent request for help, only to find still no reply.

Starting Problem

and

Overflow problem

thats it..moan over!

Even though you guys provide the answers (the reason people post on forums) I must quote myself from that thread; "Turned out that the float valve in the carb was stuck from the residue of old petrol. I cleaned it up, along with the jets and voila! Happy running engine "

to which you yourself replied; "So I guess a 'thank you' would be in order."

How is that not a finished thread?

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online