Went for a ride on the dt...

LiamDTR
This post is 4760 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well just letting you guys know, after much enduring the bike is finally road legal!

I want shot of the damn thing now... 4 stroke please!! I love the fact it's been insanely tuned and is rapid as fook

but when I have the front wheel lift I want it to be because I made it happen not just because the bike is mental!!

Worryingly it still has the standard gearing/sprockets and it tries to lift in 4th as well... I'm thinking maybe an XT or WR next lol

great bike if you don't live in an area that is heavily policed but not worth my license! Shall list it over the weekend on ebay I think!!

However... I'm making sure my next bike is a Yammy 4 stroke! No room for influence on that lol

Also a big thank you to everyone who has helped me so far!! top bunch the lot of ya :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

good you got it legal an all. don't let blackie know you've gone to the "other side"

A convert to 4 strokes ;) , wait til Blackie sees this :o

Blimey, give it chance, just a little less wrist action?

Anyhow

WHERES THE PICS?

I tried... the Yamaha Power Valve Satan wouldn't stop kicking in!!! It's mental, I've always loved 4 strokes anyway!! AND!!

The pictures are all shameful at the moment, they make me want to cry as it's not as I wanted!! Don't get me wrong the bike

is insanely fun but with the amount of coppers around stroud is ridiculous.

I would love to keep this thing as a Toy... but I can honestly say I can't afford to.. yet ;) I fully intend on buying another

maybe next year and restoring it bit by bit with no rush to get it on the road. At least then I will actually be able to appreciate it

some more ;)

So not quite the convert lol

Ahem " Blastphemy " You"l be back. :D Up the gearing, that"l tame the little bugger, It can"t be as fast as C.B.D."s Tdr, can it :unsure: , its mega,

So whitch bore-stroke are you fancying,,,,,:unsure:

Ahem " Blastphemy " You"l be back. :D Up the gearing, that"l tame the little bugger, It can"t be as fast as C.B.D."s Tdr, can it :unsure: , its mega,

So whitch bore-stroke are you fancying,,,,,:unsure:

lol Blackie, I will be back indeed! :D I'm not sure on how quick these things are supposed to be but It doesn't really go above 70... It's how quick it gets there, Kept up with the local nutter on his KTM without really trying. If I had the balls to do a Vid to upload on teh utoob I would but I have not the camera or police awareness to pull that off!!!

As mentioned, something like an XT or WR type thing but must be a yam or a sooozoooki (again).

I'm intent on doing a DTR from near enough scratch when me and my girlfriend get a place of our own rather than renting!

I'll have to try to scrounge a go on a dyno or something before this thing sells but not sure It'll be around long enough or if I have that good a shot of luck ;)

Aye Liam " XT500 is a fine motor :rolleyes: , i fancy one too , C.B.D"s tdr125 [170] can to 90mph, :o Yip its true,,,, as a few on here witnessed, go up 1 tooth on the front, yours will pull, like a train, B)

Where is his Lordship? not seen him on here for ages :huh:

Hes got work problems , & i thot he said bike is non-runner, :huh: hes missed, Thers a Two-stroke ride [ Yorkshire strokers] B) 16 April. was gonna giv him a shout,,,,

jammer i might run to Edinburgh sat, if weather,

Aye Liam " XT500 is a fine motor :rolleyes: , i fancy one too , C.B.D"s tdr125 [170] can to 90mph, :o Yip its true,,,, as a few on here witnessed, go up 1 tooth on the front, yours will pull, like a train, B)

Ruddy hell, that's fast for what is supposed to be a 125 lol. I'll look into it but I'll probably get shot of this one and the next DTR that I do will be better than this one... I'll make sure of that! and quicker but it'll be my "sunday" bike lol

Mine will do 75 na-boather,,,,,,,no DEP,,,,,,,,,an im a heavy barstwert :P

I bet OG's will do da same.

Only sayin like ;)

Mine will do 75 na-boather,,,,,,,no DEP,,,,,,,,,an im a heavy barstwert :P

I bet OG's will do da same.

Lol, me too! 17stone and 6'4 :P I too have no DEP, just a gutted downpipe/expansion chamber and stock exhaust at the moment as the Arrow is being

stubbied :P I'm just shocked how fast it gets there to be honest, it'll make someone with L plates very pleased I'm sure!

Only sayin like ;)

Most I had was 80 downhill but to be honest I dont like to thrash it so stick to 70. Its a genuine 125 not a bored out one. Really they are a aerodynamic nightmare with the big scoops and upright riding position but they accellerate well for a 125 (well they do compared to my DTMX)

Most I had was 80 downhill but to be honest I dont like to thrash it so stick to 70. Its a genuine 125 not a bored out one. Really they are a aerodynamic nightmare with the big scoops and upright riding position but they accellerate well for a 125 (well they do compared to my DTMX)

Picked up on something I wanted to mention actually, The rad scoops really do cause a LOT of drag, I noticed how much force actually presses into them and it is incredible, I could see the plastic flexing like mad... Even the bandit was more aerodynamic lol

Okay okay.... So maybe I do like the bike!! Had some issues today regarding a spark plug.. AGAIN! However I was initially out with a couple of mates

to find a chap called wolfie who has his own bike shop in the middle of nowhere. Bike just died (As it does) and they were kind enough to bugger off and find me a spark plug! put it in and within 2 kicks it started, shall have to adjust from 4T mindset when it comes to this... went out for a ride with one of the two mates to get to this workshop... I really really enjoyed it!! So much that I went for a blast on my own afterwards and you can finally have a picture lol, Yes we have gorgeous scenery near where I live :P It was actually a little brighter than that but my phone seems to not like the idea of pictures!

19275010150532751675293.jpg

Aye, Liam,

There a great wee bike,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hang on to her,,,,,,,you'll be glad ya did B)

She will look good if/when ya get that nice blue paint job finished !!!

Well I've popped "Boris" on eBay unfortunately, I've really enjoyed the bike today but I think it's a little unfair that it's only going to be used as a commuter at the moment and personally I'd prefer a 4T for that purely based on mileage.

As I said, I will definitely be getting another DTR in the near future as it is a really fun bike to ride. Today proved a lot better than yesterday, managed to keep the front end down (just), new spark plug fitted and I got my short lever so the fat bars will be fitted before it is sold. Stupid old clutch lever is practically welded to the current bars so had to wait on it.

I want another DTR soonish after this one is gone but I'm going to really take my time over it with no rushing so It can go on the road looking awesome and not only that but tuned to hell :P Will get another load of panels in advance and a tank to get them painted how I want them to be (similar idea to the metallic blue) so I can just throw it on and it'll look the dogs nuts :)

PS. I got a bit of a tan on the face an all!! crackin day!

Edited by LiamDTR

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online