New to yammies, just picked up a YB100 (I think?)

subrock
This post is 4735 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

seems like there are more than a few small displacement yamaha owners here so I thought I would join up and see i I can get some help with mine. I'm picking up what I think is a yamaha YB100 on the weekend and it needs a few small things to make it a little safer on the road.

first of all, can anyone tell me if I'm right about the model name? I've seen bikes similar to this call a whole bunch of different things so I want to make sure I'm getting the right parts for it. I'm in canada if that helps identify it.

second, tire recommendations?

third, where can I get brakes, carb rebuild kit, and fork seals?

thanks!

VOsDX.jpg

SFjSDl.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Also, just to beef up my introduction, my name is Ian an I like on the west coast of Canada in Victoria. I'm into smaller displacement bikes because I started on Vespas an worked my way over to proper motorcycles. This is my second motorcycle, my first was a kz200 and I've owned about 4 Vespas all in different states of tuning. I like the cafe look which is what draws me to these late 70s flat top bikes, so hopefully this bike will be getting a little more handsome as time goes on :).

Hi and welcome.

Tyre wise it looks like your ID plate says 2.50 -18 both front and rear and gives you the pressure's also.

Wlcome Subrock. " there was also a RS100 Yamaha, it had a tubular frame, very similar tho. good luck with the resto :)

• 2 weeks later...

:welcome: to the YOC

deffo yb100e, i have the yb100p was was only made from 76-78 mines the 76, good simple bike to work with and spares everywhere wemoto and ebay being your best bets for parts, allthough i though the rear suspension on yours are from the p range and not the e so either im wrong or you have the wrng rear suspension. im probably wrong, not too many of these laying around most people stripped down yb's to tune their fs1e's as they are the same in many ways.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online