yzf750 1995

chipp
This post is 4657 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

greatings from the south. my name is cameron and my bike is an yzf750

hey all i have a yzf750 and im looking for some more poke and stopping power.

i have an exhaust(yeah yeah big woop!). what else can i do without opening the motor

can i fit individual filters on the carbs or is there a funny air box thing going on.

rejet is coming with a dyno run but would like to get everything else on or modded so the dyno is not wasted

also fitting r1 calipers up front can an r1 caliper go onto the rear? and will the master cylinder fit?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The best performance mod ever " is weight " :D lose 2 stone , or trim the frills of bike , an intro wud be polite ,,,,,

i read about changing the chain to a smaller one but can remember which one it is.

but mor focused on the rear brake issue as i have none at all and this is my daily comuter(yer it has bein fun and really really scary)

picked up a thunder ace rear caliper and master today bolts straight in alittle cleaning and now i have back brakes yay so excited ill be able to get into it and not crap my dacks

chipp

hi there i have a 1993 yzf 750 and the best thing u can do for performance to cash spend is weight redution if funds allow a set of carbon wheels also get the carbes balanced and check the exup valve is not sticking at any point if u havent already get stainless down pipe and that will shave abought a kilo off the stock d/pipe other posibilaties is a r1 top end or thunderace topend to give u a bigger displacement more cc = more power

• 2 months later...

Carbs are a pig to set up with the Exup and a straight Dynojet, but can deliver some good benefits, my bikes punting out over 110 at the rear wheel as measure at PDQ..

Weight is definately the easiest thing to loose, and there are plenty of ways to do it.. not least ditching the ton of Stainless steel end can.....

I would advise against a top end only swap as there are lots of issues around the oil ways and pressure, the easiest option is a straight switch to a 1000 exup or Thuderace motor, which is easier and I can supply you with a few useful links if you are interested..

Unsprung weight is good to loose but at the same time will remove some of the YZF's super stability... these things are renowned for their handling if set up right..

Suspension upgrades are plentiful and the only limit is how much you want to spend.. Great article in Performance Bikes recently with a YZF running ZX10r Cartridges in the forks.... Looks like a good mod... and a damn sight cheaper than a set of Ohlins..lol...

Dropping 1 tooth on the front cog improves acceleration...

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

I'd defo go for the gearing change, if you don't mind sacrificing some top end speed for acceleration...

Can anyone recommend what front sprocket to use? I may go for this myself! :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online