yamaha sr 125 over revving

tez73
This post is 4786 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi am the unlucky owner of a yamaha sr 125 that i fitted a new throttle cable too now its over revving, my pl

ug was dark brown when i brought the bike, so i moved needle setting from middle to the bottom one. i have also made sure the cables not snagging on anything and its not quite as bad now but its still very high and unrideable! any ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi am the unlucky owner of a yamaha sr 125 that i fitted a new throttle cable too now its over revving, my pl

ug was dark brown when i brought the bike, so i moved needle setting from middle to the bottom one. i have also made sure the cables not snagging on anything and its not quite as bad now but its still very high and unrideable! any ideas?

Hi tez73

When you say the bike is ‘over-revving’ If you mean as soon as you start the bike it goes towards full revs, Check that you have fitted the throttle slide into the carburettor the right way round,If the carburettor is similar on my DT then it is possible to get it in back to front and as a result the slide is pinned half open.

Might help

You fitted a new throttle cable, perhaps you routed it badly, also check the end of the cable (the ferrules) are seated properly at the twistgrip and the carb,

just changed filter a couple of weeks ago, yes it goes straight full revs. thanks for the advice will try again in morning and let you know how i get on!

hi chaps i got a second hand carb and fitted it and now it runs sweet, well about as sweet as a sr 125 will run!! the carb float valve that regulates how far float bowl goes down was broken and hanging off.and just in time to watch england vs west indies in the cricket world club. life is sweet again for at least the next 5 minutes.

thanks chaps for all the posts and advice very welcome, take care. :rolleyes: