Make my bike go faster

Dragstar Girl
This post is 4793 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

It is a little depressing don't you think. My 175 is flat out at around 60. Why the fasination with fast. 60-70 is all that small capacity bikes do. Not bad really considering the work the motors doing.

I got a big reality check from my DT several years ago. It broke down (entirely my fault for not routing a wire properly) and i had to push it home. From that moment i have never questioned the performance of an engine, (so long as its running well of course).

Surely the point of a cruiser is to cruise. I can make my DT pretty big when i need to if the traffic is getting carried away and people still crap themselves when 6ft and counting heads their way in bike kit looking like a Mad Max refugee :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It is a little depressing don't you think. My 175 is flat out at around 60. Why the fasination with fast. 60-70 is all that small capacity bikes do. Not bad really considering the work the motors doing.

+1!

your not allowed to do more than 70mph anyway..... :unsure: ......so whats the point? best to have good acceleration to 60mph! then at least you can overtake that bus doing 48 in a 60 zone :D

so you don't go over 70mph because your not allowed,,,

ye right.....:lol:

hence the :unsure: lmao

;)

so you don't go over 70mph because your not allowed,,,

ye right.....:lol:

You laugh Kev, one of the reasons i sold the 600 apart from the aches and pains was the fact that i rode too bloody fast everywhere. That bike wasn't even trying till it was at 120 odd miles an hour with 150 on the limiter in top easily achievable.

The TDR is realisticly done and over by 90 unless you get cruel but boy does it get there quick, as fast as the 600 cos i tried it. But comparing 90 to 130+ is the difference between a bollocking from a copper and a fine, or a straight up ban, and the 250 at A road speeds is a LOT more fun than the 600 was.

Speed really is a waste of time, this is coming from a HGV driver who's lorry is tracked and a flag shows in our traffic office if i exceed whatever speed is nominated for that road. Typically on my route a staggering 40mph. Funnily enough i never have to cope with traffic in front holding ME up, wonder why. Lots behind me? :D