R6 wont start

Batifan19
This post is 4792 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Help! Any assistence greatly appreciated. My YZF R6 '99 model does not want to start after the winter hibernation period.

The bike is turning over but does not seem to have a spark. Bought new spark plugs (not fitted yet), battery ok, fuses ok, fuel ok but could it be anything else? Bike will not bump start either.

Cheers :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi have you checked all the basics

1 did you turn off the fuel cock i.e are you getting fuel in the cylinders

2 if yes to above are you indeed getiing a spark.

i would start with these two first before going mad !!!

If there are no sparks at any of the plugs I doubt that new plugs will help. As previously said, make sure the run button is on. I would then try and eliminate one of the 2 main components to make it run (Petrol and spark) so providing it turns over I would either get some quick start and , removing the air filter, spray some into the airbox towards to engine and try and start the bike, or, take the plugs out and pour a little fuel down the bore replace the plugs and see if it starts. If you get a combustion noise it will probably be some kind of fuel problem. If you don't get a combustion noise then I would check for a spark on each cylinder. If there Is no spark I would seek further help.

Good luck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online