hi members

This post is 4791 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi members

i am what you call an older biker not that i think i'm old i have owned bikes from 50cc to 1200cc but never done long distance touring my longest trip has been 400 miles from nottingham england to aberdeen scotland.

my last four bikes have been yamaha - 750 tenere which i did the trip on nice bike but numbed my hands through vibration allmost a buzzing through the handlebars-a fj1200 which i also did the trip on i enjoyed them both.

a tdr250 speed machine that i love to rev but siezd up on one clyinder twice due to water in the petrol tank causing it to starve one clyinder of petrol- i still have the bike.

my latest is a xt660r nice looking bike that i have a few niggles with but i have only done 1500 miles in all weather

so still getting use to it one thing i have learned decals on metal stick better than on plastic as when i washed it in cold weather with cold water the decals came off but when dried were sitcky again.look forward to reading your views on your bikes.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: to the YOC Mike

great intro, you sound like the a chap who would want to join us at Squires in september! ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online