1991 DT 50 LC

hectic
This post is 4668 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi just got myself a 1991 DT 50 LC with the bike came a 70cc piston and ring kit + gaskets and barrel. Can some one out where tell me what size jett's I need to re-jet the carb?

Cheers Mate

• 4 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi just got myself a 1991 DT 50 LC with the bike came a 70cc piston and ring kit + gaskets and barrel. Can some one out where tell me what size jett's I need to re-jet the carb?

Cheers Mate

Well to know that you do need to re-jet the carburettor up, you will need to do the plug-chop test, this is where you ride it for a while then check the spark plug and see what colour it is, if it is like a sutty black colour you need to go up in size on the jets, go uo in 5% bigger that the original jet. and then keep doing that till it is the right colour. It will help if you have a Haynes manual to tell you what the correct colour is.

Thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online