There coming out of hibernation...

Cynic
This post is 4779 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Have you noticed it, the bikes and bikers that have been hiding from the winter have started coming out into the daylight again.

Had one on thursday, i gave a cheeery wave sat there coverd in months of winter shite and he looked at me with 'Why don't you buy a proper bike' written all over his face, then wobbled off on his 2 yr old R6 with his matching romper suit. Twat.

I don't know why but that really spoilt my afternoon. I have noticed it several times now i think about it, i have overtaken a couple of these sunshine warriors on the slow bends into the village ON THE DT FER CRISAKES. I got the nescafe wave the last time, why? Wasn't speeding or dangerous. :rolleyes:

I can sympathise with keeping the bikes free of winter crud, my TDR won't see tarmac till were clear of the late winter filth but the high and mighty view got up my nose.

Thats better :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yep jason know what you mean,the worse thing is that these sunshine warriors come out of hibernation and ride like absolute twats pumped up on adrenalin, not a care for anyone else on the road, having not been on there bikes for months.

sorry but not one for hibernating, bikes are for riding not just for sunny days its not rocket science just keep on top of cleaning your bike after every ride never had one yet thats rotted on me.

love your description sunshine warriors. :lol:

Have you noticed it, the bikes and bikers that have been hiding from the winter have started coming out into the daylight again.

Had one on thursday, i gave a cheeery wave sat there coverd in months of winter shite and he looked at me with 'Why don't you buy a proper bike' written all over his face, then wobbled off on his 2 yr old R6 with his matching romper suit. Twat.

I don't know why but that really spoilt my afternoon. I have noticed it several times now i think about it, i have overtaken a couple of these sunshine warriors on the slow bends into the village ON THE DT FER CRISAKES. I got the nescafe wave the last time, why? Wasn't speeding or dangerous. :rolleyes:

I can sympathise with keeping the bikes free of winter crud, my TDR won't see tarmac till were clear of the late winter filth but the high and mighty view got up my nose.

Thats better :D

+1 B)

The winter winter salt is eating the SV metal bits as I type. Can't be arsed to wash it off. It has been a long winter but I normally have seen at least one other nutter winter rider most days. There have been days this winter when my fingers hurt from the cold so much it brought tears to my eyes, and that is with heated grips. I agree that it is getting to that time when all the very very shiny bikes will come out with their Hein Gericke play suits and £750 lids. :lol:

Cracking description! Fair weather sailors/hothouse plants etc! Most days my bike has been the only one in the company car park this winter, one night somone scrawled "f-----g twat" in the frost ice on the seat. Cold, yes, but by the time it gets through I'm home anyway, no windows to scrape :)

Cracking description! Fair weather sailors/hothouse plants etc! Most days my bike has been the only one in the company car park this winter, one night somone scrawled "f-----g twat" in the frost ice on the seat. Cold, yes, but by the time it gets through I'm home anyway, no windows to scrape :)

I only have 6or so miles to do so i'm not too bad either, the -11's were a bit tough, the old DT doesent have a lot in the way of protection or heated anything.

My main reason is two fold, 1 using 6-8 litres of fuel a week is a bonus in my book that cars will never beat. 2 to get to my house i have to go past a secondry school dealing with 1500kids from all over the area, busses and school run dimwits (where does their brain go when they drop off the kids, the places they stop/park) block the streets in all directions and it turns into gridlock. On the DT i save upwards of 15minutes getting home if its bad, normally when its raining :huh: .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online