Yamaha RXS 100. Year 1992

Bikerman86
This post is 4336 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all.

Wondering if I could get some advice from you all on whether or not it is possible to convert my RXS 6 Volt system to a 12 Volt system.

Please advise

Appreciate any suggestions or questions.

Thanks

Regards

Tom

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all.

Wondering if I could get some advice from you all on whether or not it is possible to convert my RXS 6 Volt system to a 12 Volt system.

Please advise

Appreciate any suggestions or questions.

Thanks

Regards

Tom

I dont know the bike but I usually think NO because will you have the physical room for a bigger battery? forum member speedshop may give better advice though?

I dont know the bike but I usually think NO because will you have the physical room for a bigger battery? forum member speedshop may give better advice though?

Thaks for the prompt reply.

Didnt think it would really be economically viable anyway. 20 yr old bike/first bike and will have it for a minimum of 2yrs.

I think at the moment i will just do what i can with the 6V

no doubt i,ll be adding more questions in the future

regards

Tom

Thaks for the prompt reply.

Didnt think it would really be economically viable anyway. 20 yr old bike/first bike and will have it for a minimum of 2yrs.

I think at the moment i will just do what i can with the 6V

no doubt i,ll be adding more questions in the future

regards

Tom

You can convert if you can find a 12v battery small enough - though you will have to change the rectifier and all of the bulbs! The generator should provide plenty of charge for a 12v system it's just the rectifier that cuts the wave down to 6v.

Hope this helps

If you don't mind the lights going dim when you slow down stick with 6V!

Did ye see the wee battery Drewps has in his Flat Tracker

• 1 year later...