Handlebar diameter 650 drag star classic

butts
This post is 4782 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

22mm, IIRC.

I measured mine in another thread.

22mm. 7/8".

yeah i would measure them but there are no bars on the bike,and the risers inside diameter looks greater than 7/8 ...i would say nthey look suited to an inch bar....i rang a grip retailer and he said virago's were a 7/8 bar but the dragstar is defo 1"....?

but the dragstar is defo 1"....?

The Oxford brand of HotGrips that I purchased and fitted state that they fit the 22mm bars of both Classic and Custom Dragstars. Of course, the throttle grip has to (and does) have an internal diameter of 24mm, to allow for fitting over the throttle sleeve (bike don't work without one o' them), but that's beside the point.

I have complete, absolute 100% original Yamaha XVS 650 Dragstar Custom handlebars on my Yamaha XVS 650 Dragstar Custom motorbicycle.

You are welcome to come measure my handlebars with whatever equipment you care to use, but I promise you they are a very exact Twenty-Two millimetres*...

If there's any quibbles over the difference, I can give you the addressess of between seven and eleven locally (in Reading) based owners of Yamaha XVS 650 Dragstar CLASSIC motorbicycle owners too, in the event that the Classic is different...

*My neighbour's Snap-On digital caliper measured 22.008mm.

yeah i would measure them but there are no bars on the bike,and the risers inside diameter looks greater than 7/8 ...i would say nthey look suited to an inch bar....i rang a grip retailer and he said virago's were a 7/8 bar but the dragstar is defo 1"....?

Then the defining answer is to measure the inside diameter of the risers, using inside calipers+ruler, or inside micrometer, or vernier/digital caliper ;)

Or just ignore the several posts I have made already giving you the exact diameter....

Ever feel like you're talking to a brick wall Ttask?

And people like Leatherat wonder why I come across like such a tosser sometimes!!! :lol: