hello.

This post is 4810 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, my name is justin. im obviously new here... im from salem, in. and im currently building and oldschool bobber style chopper from a xs400. it has been converted to a rigid frame w/ a springer seat. still has the yamaha trees, forks, wheels, brakes, and engine/trans. just thought id give everyone a little info about me and my bike. i dont have any pics of it yet, but i will have some in the near future... the bike and modified frame were given to me by a friend, completely in pieces! the engine/trans has been rebuilt, but its been a long and trying road getting everything together, i hope to build a really cool machine with old school style and a more fuel/rider friendly powerplant... i will probably be posting back on here in the near future when i have to wire everything up... but rite now i was just wondering what kind of reaction the bike will get- i know the 'purists' will hate what i have done, but im a true customizer... and i dont like the excessive vibration, oil-leakage, and fuel consumption issues of a harley... i just hope there's a way to mimic the sound!....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome mate,

sounds like an interesting bike you are building

will be nice too see some pictures soon,

Drewpy our XS400 bobber expert will be along in a minute no doubt

merv

:welcome: to the YOC Justin, when I get home I'll dig out a few xs400 bobber pics for you. Love to see the bike/work so far.

I'm building a 400 tracker ATM (check out the blog, linky in sig)

drewps

Welcome to the forum.

I am always interested in bobbers. Straight bars though, I have never been a lover of ape hangers. Good luck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online