Few quick questions

sisu
This post is 4808 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

YBR 125 (2010) Couple of quick questions ... gathered them together rather than littering the forum with a pile of small queries - hopefully that's ok.

1. Lights: I have read the pinned post re YBR lights and was wondering what the advice was if I didn’t want to make any significant permanent mod’s to the bike (still under warranty). Is it worth upgrading the lamps (bulbs) – saw xenon lamps in Halfords but not sure if they are worth it.

2. New bike mods: Any ‘no brainer’ mod’s I should make to the bike? It has engine bars which I think are an add on but not sure if there are any little tweaks I should make – will prob fit a top box for the helmet some time but not sure if there is anything else.

3. Workshop manual: not intending to take the bike apart (for now ;) ) but would like a Haynes type manual for the bike as I have always relied on them for cars - I am new to bikes so want to get familiar with the kit. I notice that the current Haynes are up to 2009 ... does anyone know if the 2010 YBR is significantly different from the 2009 YBR other than the bodykit and position of the instruments?

Any info or opinions appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If the stock tyres are the same as earlier models & they are tiwanese nylon ones , they are well known to be crap

Riding on even damp roads practically upright & roundabouts extra steady ( I didn't trust them at all ,they have really bad reveiws )

I changed mine with only 600 miles on them for some michelin pilot sporty, the handling / braking etc vastly improved

I throw the bike all over now with confidence & sold old tyres on ebay for £40 , So the new ones ended up costing £70 fitted.

If the stock tyres are the same as earlier models & they are tiwanese nylon ones , they are well known to be crap

Riding on even damp roads practically upright cornering & roundabouts extra steady ( I didn't trust them at all ,they have really bad reveiws )

I changed mine with only 600 miles on them for some michelin pilot sporty, the handling / braking etc vastly improved

I throw the bike all over now with confidence & sold old tyres on ebay for £40 , So the new ones ended up costing £70 fitted.

Hadn't thought about the tyres - will have a look at the cost and see what I come up with.

Thanks for the input.

Hadn't thought about the tyres - will have a look at the cost and see what I come up with.

Thanks for the input.

Be sure to check first, warranty issues and in some cases dealer insurance (that comes with the bike new) can have some draconian clauses in it. They should only be swapped for manufacturer reccomendations. If the oe tyres are changed for a sports type it can render any cover void.

Dull i know but dealers are bad enough as it is, dont give them the bat to hit you with.

Be sure to check first, warranty issues and in some cases dealer insurance (that comes with the bike new) can have some draconian clauses in it. They should only be swapped for manufacturer reccomendations. If the oe tyres are changed for a sports type it can render any cover void.

Dull i know but dealers are bad enough as it is, dont give them the bat to hit you with.

Yup, worth a look. certainly wouldn't spend the money on cheap and cheerful! Will go and Google where the best place in Edinburgh is for bike tyres ... expect Kwik fit don't do bikes :rolleyes:

Now if I can just source better lights (or gaffer tape a torch to the front of the bike).

Thanks again

Yup, worth a look. certainly wouldn't spend the money on cheap and cheerful! Will go and Google where the best place in Edinburgh is for bike tyres ... expect Kwik fit don't do bikes :rolleyes:

Now if I can just source better lights (or gaffer tape a torch to the front of the bike).

Thanks again

home bargains do sone different coulored torches for 99p with batteries,a bargain , and their bright,:lol: all you need now is gaffer tape :D