Module 2 test

blanco
This post is 4765 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,I passed my module 1 last week on my yzf r125!!!!

Module 2 coming up on Tuesday,what I'm asking is does anyone have any tips?,I'm confident on my lifesavers and observations just not sure about the hill starts i.e do I indicate when I'm waiting to pull out?,also when waiting at a junction or lights can I leave it in gear?

I had some crackin advise on the last post I did on my module 1 and I'd be grateful for a few more about the module 2.

Thanks guys!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

WELL DONE MATE!

Such a good feeling eh...

Not too sure they'll be too hot on "hill starts" as such. I remember on my mod 2 we did lots of "pulling over to the side in a suitable place", I think that was to mark the sheet a few times though :/

One thing to know is that EVERY time you pull in/out use your mirrors, indicate, and ALWAYS check over your shoulder. EVERY time you change position from straight ahead in the command position, please please please check your shoulders! Mirros, Indicate, LIFESAVER, manouver...

Get your roundabouts set. Make sure you are ALWAYS in the right lane (by right i mean "correct" lane), never go in the middle lane, always make sure you CHECK your speed limit signs - they'll ping you for going too fast, AND going too slow. If you are going slower than the limits and somebody has to overtake you, you instantly get a major = fail (explanation - a hazard is defined as anything that makes you slow down/change direction. If someone else has to slow down for you - YOU become the hazard...)

One thing i remembered (being in london) is that if it has street lights it's either a 30 or a 40 mph zone. If it has 40mph signs it's a 40, obviously, but street lights + no signs = 30mph. Speed bumps = 20mph (unless stated otherwise). Make sure you also know your nationals, dual carriageways, etc. It may seem obvious but it's amazing how many people fail on these aspects.

You dont NEED to put it into neutral but you may get "Brownie points for it" (by brownie points, i mean the instructor may notice yourself a proficient rider and thus will be less scrupulant on other aspects of your riding). Always cover your break pedal with your right foot when stopped. Don't just cover it, press it down. You'll get deducted if ur instructor notices this (the logic is - if you get rear ended, your bike doesn't fly off down the road).

REMEMBER, when you are stopped at lights, in traffic, or anywhere else, BEFORE you pull away, check your mirrors and BOTH SHOULDERS. even if you think you know what's behind you...

Always check your mirrors before speeding up and slowing down. ALWAYS, they'll be looking out for this.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, aside from the terribly long essay i just wrote (sorry), take it easy, RELAX, imagine the instructor is a satnav and you're out for a leisurely ride. Just be safe, but not OVERLY cautious, as you'll be hesitant etc... which is a minor.

Good Luck Man!!!!

Chris

Thanks chris,that's exactly what I was looking for,I'm gonna have a ride out to the town I'll be tested at and have a ride round over the weekend,I no the town quite well any way but it all helps.

Thanks again for your reply

Mark

Well today's the day!!!!!,nice weather in Lincolnshire today so let's hope it holds out for this afternoon!!!

let us know man...

weathers shite here...

Sorry for the delay!!!!! Just been swearing for the past hour!!!!,arrrrgggghhhh I failed,1 minor fault waiting at a junction to long then I got 1 serious fault which was for riding too close to the cars parked 500 yards from the test centre which was on our way back!!!!,it was lashing down with rain.So gonna have to get it booked again which will be early march........fuck it!!!!(sorry)

Tell me about it!! Well pissed off when he said sorry uve failed,thought it all went so well..... Oh well best get another booked!

riding too close to the cars parked

I'm never sure what they teach folk these days in order to pass the test. But out here in the real world, where staying alive is a full time job, you should always split your hazards, passing parked cars would be at least a door width, if you can safely ride down the middle of the road (so no oncomming traffic) then do that (not sure how they would take this during a test though)

Whenever you ride, ask yourself "What if ?"

What if;

That door opens,

that dog runs out,

that car pulls out,

that puddle is a pot hole

my wife gave the examiner a BJ....

The list goes on...

then think about what you would do if it did.......

I'm never sure what they teach folk these days in order to pass the test. But out here in the real world, where staying alive is a full time job, you should always split your hazards, passing parked cars would be at least a door width, if you can safely ride down the middle of the road (so no oncomming traffic) then do that (not sure how they would take this during a test though)

Whenever you ride, ask yourself "What if ?"

What if;

That door opens,

that dog runs out,

that car pulls out,

that puddle is a pot hole

my wife gave the examiner a BJ....

The list goes on...

then think about what you would do if it did.......

Yeah that's all sound advise,I thought if I went to close to the middle of the road he would bollock me incase a car came the other way,it wasn't as if I was knockin wing Mirrors off but still he's the expert and he said I was wrong....(wanker)!!!!!,fingers crossed for the next attempt!!

Oh yeah... forgot to mention about the car doors...

that's gash man, but get back on the horse and take your test again a.s.a.p.

Obviously get a little bit of practise in and you should breeze it.

Chris

Cheers chris,gonna get it booked for early march,fingers crossed I'll ride like I did today without that last fuck up,thanks again for ur previous advice,it all helped.

Have you had any formal Mod 2 training? If you have, I would have thought that the instructors would breif you on the ways the DSA like things done, and if they haven't then you may have some recourse to the school for derilction of duty, but it sounds to me as if you're tackling this on your own.......if that's the case my best advice is to get some training asap, it's expensive for what it is, but so are test fees and the dissapointment of one fail is bad enough. Riding schools aren't there to teach you how to ride, just how to pass the test.

Good luck for march.

Riding schools aren't there to teach you how to ride, just how to pass the test.

Bang on!

It's after the test you start to learn....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online