Carbon Fibre fairings

JP_445
This post is 6926 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi again, I have been lazy and have not new photos but some progress has been in my project. Finishing job is on going for upper and side parts of fairings. Couple more rounds of plastic padding and dressing (was it correct) and paint is going to cover all that. Tail part is next to go under work and after that tank. Time is running out but I'll do my best. I just need to keep my wife happy that I will get garrage time. I promise to take some pictures of my work on this week just to keep you all happy and laughing :D

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's looking amazing so far!

I've done a couple of pieces for my bike (tire hugger with integrated chain guard, and an undertail piece), but nothing on this scale. It's inspirational.

Are you still planning to make carbon pieces, or will you just use these glass ones?

:)

Keep up the good work!

Carbon is the only one for me. All visible plastic will be carbon and the fuel tank also. I will take mold from fuel tank on this weekend and tail will be ready for mold taking on monday. Front fender is just waiting carbon work to be done. New silenser is under work as footpegs also. I did found some low price airoplane aluminium for those footpegs but plan is to do (was the correct word "rearset") from carbon but it can still wait. Next week I need to order that rubber lining for fuel tank so I don't get any fuel leaks to my ball's while driving :D

Fuck, shit, and all other's. Big really big problems in project. Fairing set where is both sides and upper part is broken. It did fell from finishing table (yes I really have finishing table) and it did land just right on nose. Whole nose is broken also some parts of side panels. :( Now I need to take plan B in use. Just take molds from original fairings and make carbon ones to those molds. Desing work will be done on next winter time (did you think that I will give up so soon). Head lights, signal lights and rear will be new but all other will be like original but carbon.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online