'78 DT 125

bookem
This post is 4820 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, u can see my introduction in the Noob section. I've got a problem I hope some of you can help me out with. I know I'm gonna have to take it apart to find out for sure but always helps to see if anyone else has had the same problem. Basically 1st gear doesn't work. When I shift into 1st it seems to catch abit and makes some click/clunk noises but doesn't move. It works great in all 5 top gears but no go in 1st. She's got lots of power to pull my 250 lb butt from a standing stop and up and down the road faster than I want to go ;) Any ideas that don't involve splitting the cases. I'm hopeing maybe just a spring or the shift cam problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Second problem I think is the carb but not sure. Starts easy enough with choke on and runs well. Runs good with choke off until throttle is release completely as in coming to a stop sign or coasting then dies. Always needs choke back on to restart and if u pull the choke on after releasing throttle it will keep running. I've cleaned carb a couple of times but will do it again. If anybody here has had this same problem and knows exactly what is wrong feel free to comment on that as well

Thanks for the help Dan "Bookem" Taylor

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys, u can see my introduction in the Noob section. I've got a problem I hope some of you can help me out with. I know I'm gonna have to take it apart to find out for sure but always helps to see if anyone else has had the same problem. Basically 1st gear doesn't work. When I shift into 1st it seems to catch abit and makes some click/clunk noises but doesn't move. It works great in all 5 top gears but no go in 1st. She's got lots of power to pull my 250 lb butt from a standing stop and up and down the road faster than I want to go ;) Any ideas that don't involve splitting the cases. I'm hopeing maybe just a spring or the shift cam problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Second problem I think is the carb but not sure. Starts easy enough with choke on and runs well. Runs good with choke off until throttle is release completely as in coming to a stop sign or coasting then dies. Always needs choke back on to restart and if u pull the choke on after releasing throttle it will keep running. I've cleaned carb a couple of times but will do it again. If anybody here has had this same problem and knows exactly what is wrong feel free to comment on that as wellThanks for the help Dan "Bookem" Taylor

Your idle jet's blocked, look at the main jet, next to it in a recess is a much smaller jet that you can remove with a small flat bladed screwdriver. Even money thats blocked.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online