Hello Folks

NE0
This post is 4778 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks,

Just saying hello to you all

Recently got myself a DT 175 MX to go with my Other bike! B)

I've owned my 400/4 for over 25 years, its a lovely ride but up until recently I'm not so keen on getting her wet, all that chrome takes a while to polish and the road salt doesn't do it much good either, so from now on its a summer / dry weather bike.

However, I wanted a commuter/wet weather bike so I bought a DT 175

The idea is the 175 will be my winter/wet bike. Don't worry folks the 175 will be kept just as nice as my Honda!

Here's a picture to wet your appetite for the 70's :D

2bikes.jpg

NE0

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Many thanks for the welcome.

If it’s of any value to those who have an interest in numbers, the frame/engine are in the high 3900’s so If it started at 000001 its under the 4000th made! , It was registered in early 79.

It’s got the characteristic round tube swinging arm, and the smooth side panels. There’s also a short front mudguard which causes spray all over your chest in the wet.

On the back is a rubberised mount for the tail light and plate.

It passed it MOT today…horray :lol: , but it did fail a few days before!! :(

The frame has recently been stove enamelled but the frame earth was not cleaned back to bare metal, so all the lights were dim and flickering. A good clean of all the contacts and a good frame earth ensured a pass today.

I’d like to convert it to 12volts and read with interest the post in the main forum of a conversion but the thread was unfinished. I’ll keep doing my homework but its certainly on the to do list….eventually!

The 400/4 is my pride and joy and I restored it to its present condition about 10 years ago, I’ve kept it nice and have on occasions showed it at local transport festivals. If I could find away of riding both together I could show the DT along side it! :D

All the best NE0

:welcome: Neo, nice pair of bikes you get there.

My mate has a cb400, a bit small for me but very similar power to my xs400.

(He also has a cbx1000 and a 1260 kwaker special, short arsed git!)

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online