PW50

vic-fzr600
This post is 4802 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Towards the end of last year I noticed that my sons PW was gettin harder to start, plus I thought there was a slight knock/rattle from the engine though it seemed to run ok.

Have read that these could be symptoms of worn rings. Is it worth pullin it apart now before the better weather starts to replace parts? Or any easy tests to check ?

Thanks folks :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Towards the end of last year I noticed that my sons PW was gettin harder to start, plus I thought there was a slight knock/rattle from the engine though it seemed to run ok.

Have read that these could be symptoms of worn rings. Is it worth pullin it apart now before the better weather starts to replace parts? Or any easy tests to check ?

Thanks folks :)

a pee wee will run fine with any engine noise .. remember the engine is just an MA50/QT50 engine (road moped)

The only engine noise to be aware of is if it sounds like the crankshaft is going to exit crankcase

This motor did suffer from noise from the automatic clutch, which gave the impression of the motor being worn when it was just that dam silly clutch gone wrong :)

Being harder to start would indicate a few problems

1) Pulse coil on it's way out

2) exhaust blocked (this also can make an engine noise)

3) the silly start switch !!!

4) blocked carb

you need to work out where the problem lies .... if when the bike is running it goes fine discount mechanical failure and look at the other points

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online