WOO HOO!

Paulwhite
This post is 4772 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hmmm a camping trip sounds good :D .

but let me get the bike finished 1st m8 there is still quite allot to do yet.

iv got most of the wiring done....all apart from the lights... so im gonna see if it starts and goes tonight, then get cracking on the lights and finish the loom up for tomoz

then tomoz i can sort the seat out and give it a blast up the road.

at the end of the month im sortin out the fenders, seat, and rear lights, then all iv got to do is figure out what i need to do with the DVLA to get it back on the road.

im hoping all i have to do is register it with the new engine and sort the numbers out but im not sure till i give them a ring.....then all that needs doin is an mot tax and insurance

once its on the road i can do the paint job bit by bit. im seriously thinking of getting a proper paint job done on the tank and fenders though..... we will soon see B)

do many other people like coffee on the forum? I mean the type u get in amsterdam? :P

:offtopic:

straight back to topic.

Paul, post up pics and vid PLEAAAAAAAAAAASE :)

cHRIS

well here is a vid for ya all ....well i say all :P

just got the seat support sorted but need to finish the wiring :D not sure if this is gonna work but here we go :huh:

th_V110211_1444.jpg

Mate keep the muffler off - sounds badass!

You're really going to love riding that mate. especially to London! :)

Chris

yeah it sounds like an animal with the can off but think id get pulled for noise polution. :P might ride round with the can in a backpack just incase :D

its wierd to ride cause its so low and your legs go so far forward, but i need to sort out the sprocket ratio as the front tire is lifting off the floor at about 5k revs :blink:

are you fucking seriously suggesting that you wheelied that thing??!!!

I WILL NOT believe it until I have video evidence!!! Kinda cool though.

What kinda top speed u getting out of it?

I know them CBR engines are powerful :P

Chris

are you fucking seriously suggesting that you wheelied that thing??!!!

I WILL NOT believe it until I have video evidence!!! Kinda cool though.

What kinda top speed u getting out of it?

I know them CBR engines are powerful :P

Chris

um yeah im not gonna risk loosing control just to show you a vid :P but put it this way the sprocket is at a 4 to 1 ratio and the head has been polished so it accelerates like a beast. i cant test it properly as its not road legal and im not risking having it taken off me. but im gonna get a sprocket made to sort out the ratio. im looking at getting 80mph top end but think il only get 70. just think its like an original xvs 125 but a hell of allot lighter!

And with a faster engine :P

really really looking forward to meeting you on her mate.

take it easy now.

well the engine is round about the same spec as the xvs (think there is 2 nm more torque ) but its designed to be thrashed rather than cruise, plus the polished head, free flow exhaust, and custom filter will help a little :P just wait till i stick a 150 big bore kit on there ;)

but yeah im still tryin to persuade my m8s to come down to the ace but there not sure plus the misses didnt like the idea lol

why the fuck not? :/ Your life, your bike, etc etc. You gotta take her for a longgy... YOU'VE JUST BUILT HER ffs...

150 bore will be nice and fast. Not as fast as the Ninja though :P :P :P !!!!

I'm still looking for a really cheap Yam project just to keep my legit on the forum!!!

Chris

1. iv got commitments (4 of them including the misses), would be good goin to the ace cafe and defo something that i want to do but family comes 1st

2. it might not be as fast as the ninja but it looks better :P plus it gives ppl time to stare at it when ur not doin 70+ mph :D

3. iv got a project sat outside doing nowt.... my sachs roadster.....would go well with a DT 125 engine ;) and be a nice project.

not a Yam though!!!

What condition is the Sachs in though? Might be interested...

PM me the lowdown.

Ahhh okay, we'll youve got till summer to convince her!!!!

;)

• 1 month later...

paul where u get the risers mate ? they look the berrys.

ebay m8 :D only problems are there 4 and a half inch so the choke lever makes contact with the tank (well with drag bars anyway) plus they need 12 mm bolts so u need to drill the bushes in the yoke, then u need washers between yoke and risers to support them properly.