dt125re powervalve no turns when engine running

dougspoke
This post is 4803 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello members, good day just bought the other week a yam dt125re, but think the sellers saw me coming a bit ! already the bike needs some attention, ie power valve, because when just ignition turned on (no starter)the powervalve makes usual noise, ie moves and cleans itself procedure, but when running the bike noticed it seemed bit down on power and torque when riding, anyway removed l/h powervalve cover (2 screws) and saw that the powervalve is not advancing when engine is revved, indeed not moving at all other than when 1 st turn ignition on. when i bought bike from a garage they would not let me test ride it without full money in their hands, but just started bike stationary in showroom and merely revved bike, i did inspect bike as thoroughly as i could, not wanting to blame anyone just cure/fix bike as now its mine, and like the bike, but just want it to run well again. would prefer to have powervalve turning torque and top end power rather than just locking valve position open or closed etc, anyway to test the ypvs servo without replacing, or gussing the cdi could be suspect ? my mechanical and electronic skills ltd. long message, appreciate any input guys, but can,t order any sh parts as rather skint for a little while, though do have spare time to look into problem thx

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi

sorry cant offer any advice regarding testing,got an re but not had this fault,but i do have a couple of servos and a spare cdi unit if you get stuck,

cheers

mark

Is it a 12.5 bhp resticted bike

if it is then it possible the powervalve only goes through the cleaning cycle and does not work when in use because of the power restriction

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online