yamaha DT50MX engine rebuild question

ryanwilki
This post is 4823 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Im currently rebuilding my DT50MX engine (1993). Im replacing all bearings and seals. Im just wondering how to replace the conrod. Ive been told that the crank will split in half to remove the old conrod along with the big end bearing. Is this right? And will it need to be specially balanced or something?

I feel fully confident in doing the top end and my boss has rebuilt 100s of engines (pro engine builder) so i think we can do it, just wondering the best way to do it.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan.

Also, how much am i looking to spend on parts??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So have i been told right that the crank has to be split and balanced?

Where is the best place to have this done and how much will it cost?

Also, is there anywhere that will do an exchange service?

Thanks for the help

So have i been told right that the crank has to be split and balanced?

Where is the best place to have this done and how much will it cost?

Also, is there anywhere that will do an exchange service?

Thanks for the help

Its already balanced, DT50 bottom ends are normally rock solid. I'd be surprised if its gone unless you have done ALOT of miles or run the oil out often. Even big bores don't kill em as the MX bottom end is the same as the m and in europe that was a 60cc 6 or so odd hp monster LOL.

thankyou very much for the replies, i'l get onto it. £26 + VAT and Shipping isnt that bad, quite happy paying that, thankyou!

Ryan

thankyou very much for the replies, i'l get onto it. £26 + VAT and Shipping isnt that bad, quite happy paying that, thankyou!

Ryan

+ parts as well mate, it will stand ya in about £80 i reckon