TW125 - Does anybody make an aftermarket exhaust ?

Kai
This post is 5343 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As TW exhausts are like hens teeth to aquire and overpriced when available, my exhausts most certainly seem to make a sensible cheap replacement.

Hi,

I am back :D

The available exhaust systems are not overpriced!

e-marked exhaust systems are a bit more expensive as racing exhausts, because the complete homologation process is extremly expensive. The manufactor does have to not just some hunderd euro, it's some thousend euro per bike.

The perfect exhaust system is not just a big pipe with a short or big exhaust.

The perfect header and connecting pipes must be conical to get a suction effect. The length and diameter from these conical parts must be exectly calculated. Take a look on a complete Akrapovic system and you will see it.

The next point is the pipe material:

You said that you have used 35mm outer and 32mm inner diameter -> 1.5mm wall thickness, this is too much.

If you use too thick pipe material, you will get a heat accumulation. Too much heat inside from the pipe reduces the max. power output, especially if you would use this pipe material as headerpipe.

This is the reason why they use for the exhaust systems 1mm or 0.75mm pipe material.

And all the manufactors need special pipe bending machines for these thin material.

The last point, the muffler:

length, outer diameter, inner diameter and back pressure

All these variables does have a big effect on the performace curve.

The manufactors does have a target for there exhausts:

- max. hp

- max. torque

- simple street legal

- max. performance but still street legal

- simple noisy exhaust

You see, every exhaust needs a lot of knowledge and engerneering skills.

So, it's very simple:

If you want something good with high quality, than you have to pay for it.

Regards, Sebastian aka macbig2k1

Germany

TW-Parts.com

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have had several emails from guys asking about my exhausts.

Sadly I am not making them anymore.

The cost of producing them was too high for the amount of work involved.

Sorry to dissapoint, but working for little reward is not worth the time and effort so I am forced to give up making them.

Having just read back through some of the comments it seems out Colonial friend and German gent are making a meal out of things.

It really is not rocket science to make an exhaust, and to try to impress others with wall thickness bla bla is just confusing the average guy who has a rusty hole filled exhaust and needs a replacement.

Another reason for giving up making my exhausts is I just don't have the time or patience to put up with Kids spouting rubbish to impress others.

I have now been using my exhaust on my Serow for over two years and it works perfectly, and gives the engine more torque than the old original ever did.

Enough said I think!!!!!!

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online