mileage

homertony
This post is 4830 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey folks, just bought a 1996 xj600 diversion today with 46,000 miles on clock. Is this high mileage for this type of engine and how many miles can I expect to get out of it if serviced regularly?

I've owned 3 Yamaha Viragos, two 535's and a 750cc and found them to be great bikes, very reliable and am hoping the 600 will be every bit as good.

There's no centre stand on the bike and was wondering if one can be fitted?

Also, as I am vertically challenged is it possible to lower the suspension on the xj6?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Tony

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Tony,

I remember a guy on another forum with an xj600 divi, did 80,000-odd miles using it every day with no major problems.

The UK xj600 divi had a center stand as original equipment.......now, if you are letting it warm up on the sidestand, there can be oil starvation issues on the right side of the engine.

Not sure about lowering the suspension, I'm 6 foot, so my xj6 always seemed small to me.....

My best advice.....pull the air filter out, check for "mayonnaise" (that's what it looks like) in the air box. Lots of causes, but an oil change and cleaning out the crankcase air breather pipe (can't remember exactly where it is) will often rectify the problem.

Good luck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online