Sold to Buy

2 Wheels
This post is 4783 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Sold my CBR 600 on saturday,,,,,,,,,,made a fair price on it,,,,,,,,,,i was happy !

Today i was going to see a Fazer 600,,,,,yes Barkey, the red one,,,,,,,,The seller was holding it for me all week.

I was 15 min late meeting the seller from the time we had agreed.

As i was heading in the road i met the bike comming out of town,,,,,,,,,fuck me i thaught.

I met the seller,,,,,,,,,,,told him my name,,,,,,,,,,,,he put his hands on top of his head,,,,,,,,right then i new the bike was gone.

He said "i'm so sorry sir"

I said "but you were holding it for me all this time"

He said "i dont know what i was thinking"

I said "how much you let it go for?"

He said "€1700"

I put my hand in my pocket, took out my envelope and said "this is what i was going to give you €1800",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thats £1540 of ye guys money !

We looked at each other in disbelief.

I said "a well not to worry"

I stayed for a few mins having the craic,,,,,,,it was a nice sunny day.

Before i left he vouched that he would keep my number and help me find a pristeen bike. I shook his hand and said "no probs sir"

So today i was not a happy boy !

And the search goes on !

I only have my DT now ! and i have a busy summer of biking planed !

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Dohh thats bad luck Pat however you look at it, youll find another times are tough for a lot of folks and some will have to sell their toys :huh:

You are indeed right Paul, i will bide my time :thumb: :thumb:

Pat, seems to be plenty of cheap bikes on the Isle at the min (certainly in the north).

Anythin in particular ur after & I'll keep my eyes out??

Aye Vic,,,,,Thank's for the offer of your eyes.

You can keep them pealed for me in the north,,,,,,, i'm after a FZS 600 from 98 - 03 only. Low miles would be good and red in colour is prefered.

Keep an eye out for any good lookin Honda Transalp to..................................im a fussy lad dont ya know !!!

Many thanks Vic.

You can keep them pealed for me in the north,,,,,,, i'm after a FZS 600 from 98 - 03 only. Low miles would be good and red in colour is prefered.

Keep an eye out for any good lookin Honda Transalp to..................................im a fussy lad dont ya know !!!

Many thanks Vic.

something like this Pat?

http://belfast.gumtree.com/belfast/12/72970912.html

Many thanks Vic.

Are you planning to use it year round cos them fazers rot like old fruit when ridden in bad weather. For comfort ,miles and reliability the Transalp has it. Nearly bought one myself. Then i rememberd why i ride bikes and binned the idea of a sensible option.... :lol:

And bought a 250 2 stroke with a build quality rep that makes a Datsun Cherry look over engineered. :D Hmmm I'll shut up before i get myself into trouble.....

Thats bad luck Pat you didn't get that bike m8-I know your brother had your heart set on it :P , good luck with the search ;)

Well i got up colse and personal with that Fazer today Vic.

But she is just not up to scrach,,,,,,,,,cracked inlet rubbers,,,,,,bad paint job on the engine to cover up flaking,,,,,,,and plenty of rust when ya look close.

Sound lad he was but wouldnt budge on the price ! and now that im home i dont think i would take it even if it was cheep !

Just showes that pics tell ya nothing.

Thanks anyway Vic for your help,,,,,,,,,,didnt have time ta look at the transalp !

Ah that's a pity but no point compromising on what ya want. I'll keep looking! :)

Absoloutly, i looked at several TDR's before i plumped for the one i have. Patience will pay off mate. It is good to check the Fazers over as like i said they rot like bad fruit if neglected. I got my TDR through the owners club, anything like that for the Fazer?

Pat,

found another one that ticks your boxes

http://belfast.gumtr...3/73317363.html

Hope this one is in better shape :)

Vic

Your some man Vic !

I shall check it out

Onec again, thank ya ! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got one !

A red FZS 600

Bought it on sunday,,,,,,will pick it up in a day or two

ill stick up a few pic's for ye all

Thanks for your help of searching Vic,,,,,,ill get ya a few pints some day

Well done patrick" need a piccy, am not aquiant with the S model, :unsure: Should see it wen at the N/w. ,,,,, hows the young een " made an appearance yet, :rolleyes: