yamaha rxs 100 rebuild

bidders
This post is 4807 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI ALL MY NAME IS SIMON,LONG STORY SHORT MY WIFE ASKED ME TO GET HER A BIKE SO SHE COULD TAKE HER CBT,ME BEING A TIGHT***E THOUGHT ID BYE ONE CHEAPLY OFF EBAY AND FIX IT UP MYSELF.

TODAY I WENT TOO COLLECT THE BIKE AND AT A GLANCE IT LOOKED OK BUT WHEN I GOT IT HOME AND LOOKED AT IT A LITTLE CLOSER,I M THINKING I MAY HAVE BITTEN A LIITLE MORE THAN I CAN CHEW,SO IF ANY OF U GUYS CAN HELP IT WOULD BE MOST ARECIATED (AND U WOULD BE SAVEING ME A LOAD OF EAR ACHE).

SO FAR IVE BROUGHT A FUEL TANK AS THE OLD ONE WAS ROTTEN,AND A NEW BATTERY THIS IS MY FIRST PROBLEM THE BATTERY HAS TWO WIRES AS IT SHOULD BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE WIRE I CAN SEE IN THE BOX TO CONNECT IT TOO (IT HAS A FUSE ON IT)DOES ANY ONE NO WHERE THE OTHER ONE GOES.

ALSO THE BIKE HASENT BEEN STARTED FOR NEARLY TEN YEARS AND IM TOLD IM GONNA HAVE TO REBUILD THE CARB,IS THIS EASY AND IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD DO BEFORE I TRY STARTING IT UP.

I TOOK THE PLUG OUT THIS AFTERNOON AND IT HAS A SPARK AND COMPRESSION.

PLEASE IF U NO ANYTHING ABOUT THE YAMAHA RXS 100 AND U CAN GIVE ME ANY ADVICE BEFORE IVE PULLED ALL MY HAIR OUT LOL,I WOULD LOVE TO HERE FROM U.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

THANKS DAVID IVE JUST ORDERED THAT I WASNT SURE WHERE TO GET A MANUAL FOR A BIKE THAT OLD,THANKS ALOT.

Simon, stop SHOUTING! I know some of us are older and of a more mature nature, but we are not deaf!

Netiquette dictates if your shouting (ie wrting in uppercase) your angry and upset!

There will be a wiring diagram in the manual, I would guess though that the battery negative terminal (have you got a black wire on it) connects to black in the loom somewhere nearby.

I think you are right and you have bitten off a lot, hope mrs bidders is a patient sort but you will learn a lot of useful stuff meanwhile

...Paul

There will be a wiring diagram in the manual, I would guess though that the battery negative terminal (have you got a black wire on it) connects to black in the loom somewhere nearby.

I think you are right and you have bitten off a lot, hope mrs bidders is a patient sort but you will learn a lot of useful stuff meanwhile

...Paul

thanks oldgitonbike im just waiting for the manual to be delivered

Simon, stop SHOUTING! I know some of us are older and of a more mature nature, but we are not deaf!

Netiquette dictates if your shouting (ie wrting in uppercase) your angry and upset!

sorry buddy im not angry or upset just rubbish on the computer.