What is the best FZR1000?

johnalpi
This post is 7087 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have been looking at a 1000 upgrade to my YZF 750 for a while now.

(The only thing stopping me is not having another bike to ride while it's off the road having a 1000cc injection!)

My question is to those who have done this upgrade.

What is the best FZR model to go with? Is one good for the engine and another good for the electrics? etc etc...

Thanks guys,

John.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the best solution would be to upgrade to yzf1000r engine,electrics and throthle with TPS. y98 ->

but if you plan to go with the fzr engine, then anything between years 91-95. the 89-90 engines and electrics will work, but the older fizzer uses oilcooler while the newer one uses similar kind of waterbased oilcooling than your yzf750. if you go with the older one be prepaired to do some HEAVY plumbing in order to get everything aboard.

my yzf750sp -93 has an 95mod fzr 1040 engine and works swell... after wisecos...

be shure that the engine you plan to work with does not consume oil. or buy one that does (cheap!) and put wisecos/je-pistons kit in it.

the best solution would be to upgrade to yzf1000r engine

YZF1000r engine? Do you mean an R1 engine, or a big bore kit for my 750?

my yzf750sp -93 has an 95mod fzr 1040 engine and works swell... after wisecos...

did you buy a cheap smoker or are you just greedy :twisted: ????

i think CT is referring to the ThunderACE engine

as beezkneez said... i was refering to the thunderace engine.

and i bought the bike non-smoking in -99, then it decided to start smoking after some heavy track-use and i had to help it quit smoking. after i tryed sticking several cartons of nicorette-patches to the fairings it became obvious i had to start thinking about an lung-transplant :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online