DT125 2004 LED on Speedo above 60mph

Oli
This post is 4733 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

My girlfriend owns a DT125 2004 model. She has had the bike for a couple of years now and just recently a LED above the 60mph mark on the speedo has light up. This has never happend before.

Please can someone tell me what the light is for and if it is anything that needs fixing?

Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

thanks for the reply :). It is a led light actually on the speedo dial. There are no symbols next to it. Its not one of the warning lights either e.g. neutral, oil etc. I will try and get a picture :).

Basically a led light inside the speedo directly above the 60mph marking on the speedo has come on. Do you think its a temperature light or a restrictor light because it is over the 60mph mark? The strange thing is is that this the first time it has come on in 3 years.

thanks

thanks for the reply :). It is a led light actually on the speedo dial. There are no symbols next to it. Its not one of the warning lights either e.g. neutral, oil etc. I will try and get a picture :).

Basically a led light inside the speedo directly above the 60mph marking on the speedo has come on. Do you think its a temperature light or a restrictor light because it is over the 60mph mark? The strange thing is is that this the first time it has come on in 3 years.

thanks

Its the engine overheat warning light. Check the coolant etc.

Ahh yes mine doesnt have that, thinking about it the water temperature sybol is a clue eh? ;)

I prefer the gauge type you have on yours Paul, at least you know its working when it moves, where as the LED gives no clue dry.gif

• 2 months later...

Found it quite normal if you've de-restricted it, usually comes on, not properly just faint off and on. (It happened when i did about 70-80) I had a DT X 07, along with my mate. Both did the same thing, i don't think it's anything to worry about unless the light stays on constantly once your below 60.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online