Help - aftermarket exhausts for XVS650 Drag Star

Backon2wheels
This post is 4769 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Very dangerous ground is exhaust noise, you are refering to council regulations. The MOT stuff is different and if you have a pet dealer i'd keep that info very quiet as they may get some stick from the mot man.

Here is some MAG specific info

MOT stuff - not a pet dealer - check the regulations - it comes under VOSA's remit, nothing to do with councils. As long as there are no markings like "not for road use", "track use only", and its been through an MOT with the pipes on, theres little VOSA would do about it due to the way the MOT guidelines are worded for pipes.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

deffo man! :)

just wondering, have you ever had any mot probs with the loud pipes? as i was just told by a garage they may fail mine cos of em..

MOT has always been fine on mine - as the pipes are suitable for that type of bike, and other bikes of a similar type. If my gsxr 600 made that type of noise, it would fail!

I always get an advisory issued with my pass cert though, just to say "Loud pipes" or something similar, thats just to show that the MOT tester has seen it and has passed it.

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online