Volunteering

Vez
This post is 4835 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok, so I've been looking into volunteering in my spare time and came across the national Association of Blood Bikes http://www.bloodbikes.org.uk/ .

The problem is that there are no groups set up in my area, the nearest are the White Knights in Yorkshire afaik. And after talking to someone at NABB, I understand that there are several people locally that would volunteer, but there is no group formed yet.

I'm researching this elsewhere, but thought i would ask this here also.

So my questions so far are.

Does anyone have any experience of volunteering in a similar role? If so, what was/is your experience like?

Does anyone know what is entailed in setting up a group like the White Knights?

Any opinions as to why there isn't a group in the Manchester area?

And would any of you consider volunteering ?

Can anyone suggest any other charity/organization that I could consider volunteering my time to?

Any comments/thoughts welcome.

Vez.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Vez,

you could always volunteer to be a scout leader? especially if you oversee the scout section as you get to go on great holidays, meet like minded positive people and nurture young people into adult hood.

Very satisfing and you can give as much time as you want.

It also fits in with motorbikes as we have 3 leaders who have bikes!

look at our website

never mind the scouts what about help the aged.

starting with my garden. :lol:

never mind the scouts what about help the aged.

starting with my garden. :lol:

you don't have one, its all paved, PAVED I TELL YA!

you don't have one, its all paved, PAVED I TELL YA!

thats the bloody scouts for you! bob a job week they said they would do my garden i only wanted my lawn cut. :blink:

next you will be telling me i havent got any gnomes. :(

any way vez bugger the scouts if you like i have plenty of other jobs for you. :D

Volunteer at your local animal shelter or at the zoo,,,,,,,tis great crack,,,,,,you might get to feed the liones,,,,,fight/play with the monkeys ect, :thumb:

I don't like the direction this thread is going, yes I'm looking at you OG and Oldtimer :o:P

Scouts is a good idea. Just not really what i had in mind, I'm not really the leading sort, especially when you add a few teenagers into the mix.

The animal shelter is interesting, I have a friend that works at one in Manchester, will ask for some info next time i see her.

Ideally i would like something involving motorbikes, which is why the NABB appealed so much.

Nip down to the nearest steel stockist Vez, pick up some angle iron and some 3mm plate, go to B&Q next get a 'nuts and bolts' selection box, order some day-glo stickers from fleabay, find a welder chappy and make one of these ;)

I doubt its legal in this country, got to be a % weight higher for the towing vehicle! and its a BMW!!

Its legal in Hull, and yes its a beemer (or is a Honda wing?)-but you could cover it in day-glo stickers to hide its identity :lol:

Jeepers,,,thats a mad lookin yoke,,,,,,,,,,,,,there'd be no clutch left in the bike after 10 miles :unsure:

The NAAB have set a meeting up for people from the north west who are interested in starting a group.

Anyone else interested in going?

The meeting will start at 7pm, on Tuesday the 15th February 2011.

Venue details:

Workies,

Poynton Workmen’s Club

142 Park Lane

Poynton

Stockport

SK12 1 RG

Vez.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online