newbie to forum, yamaha for life

This post is 4838 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Love new forums, so much info. I bought a dt125 about 10 years ago from a swap meet. Ran great for 3 days then siezed up. Ten years later still bugs me to this day sooo...I got 300 dollars into it now so whats another 200 and have a rebuilt motor right. Well getting everything togeather today I realized im missing a lot of parts. I have the cylinder but no head or bolts. water got into motor and rod and crank are a little rusty now. I got them moving and realixe I either need a new crank, to have a clean surface for new rod bearrings, or can I just replace a pin not sure how they come apart. I found new pistons used heads and such off of ebay, and it is now that I realize that there are different dt125's and am a little unsure what i have. Im sure its a dt125 but its painted different and has a mono shock differnt bars and such, it is striped of all road worthy stuff. I got no title and never planed on driving on road and still dont. Is there any options as putting a 175cc motor on it or using those internals and make a stroker( or use a 175cc motor with a 125cc head) ? is should i go stock or since im into it is ther performace upgrades to do? any info on vin number identificatioin on frame motor or ? need help making sure im buying right parts. Oh and I live in wisconsin so if anyone is close with some parts would be awsome. Hope to hear from you guys and exchange ideas and knowledge.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry for the poor intro, jumping the gun a little. My name is Greg and I'm from milwaukee, WI, United States. I'm an auto mechanic and a motorcycle enthusiast. I am a member in a couple automotive forums, and from the few hours ive been on here I can see that there are a lot of talented guys and a huge passion for bikes, (and gals I did see one lady post, which I think is #ucking awsome)hope to make some good friends,dont know why I wasnt on here earlier.

Failte: Greg to the YOC B)

You have an aful lot of work to do on that we engine !

good thing i love motors, atleast its not a 4 stroke. I love dooing the teediest work, its always nice to know the bike inside and out anyways. I build chevy small and big blocks all the time so a little 2 stroke is accually a treat. Thanx for the support guys.