Dt 125 LC 1981- 1988

mitchellman
This post is 4806 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my thaughts !!!

If your heart set on getting a DT125 LC then thats sound,,,,,,might be a good investment.

If you want the strongest DT ( my opinion only ) get the DT125 R from 98 to 03,,,,,it has the power valve and is a good strong bike that will last long time if ya mind it a bit.

The choice is yours,,,,,,,,,Hope This Helps

:D :D :D

Heres mine, not changed much in all those years up to 2003, except the PV which made them faster. (2004 saw a bodywork makeover more up to date). Lots and lots of these were sold so second hand parts are available, never really looked for DTLC's so dont know how many are around

102_1568.jpg

102_1568.jpg

Bloody ele Paul,,,,,,your bike is getting cleaner everytime i see it !!!:)

Nice bike, how much of a difference does the powervalve make ?

If your a heavyish lad like me then it makes a Big difference

Fresh outa the grooming parlour Pat :rolleyes:

Mine needs a good aul cleaning :(

DTLC's are thin on the ground, which will make sourcing parts for them difficult. Where as DTR parts are still available new from Yamaha. ;)

If you go for a DTR get one with a power valve if possible, not only are they easier to ride with one, they consume alot less fuel also.

I think the real answer is whichever one you chose, they are all ace providing you don't want to be valentino its a bike that will keep you smiling for years.

Whichever one you choose providing you go in ready to look at a few to avoid the dud's you won't regret it.

They are very well supported on here, probably more so than the bigger bikes.

B'77'cks to project paul i can see some stonking spares there. Upgraded forks, newer wheels, new rear shock.

Engine transplant could be fun.

Or just use the knoblies i have at the back of the garage and spank it over the quarry :D

:lol: and make a buggy for the lc engine.

Speaking of wheels I'm having some rims chromed at the moment and BBQ paint does it again, I just love that stuff ;)

201_1845.jpg

Hmmm, w-e-l-l after taking me to work since she was sorted the DT is not quite in the condition yours is, the exhaust rusted in record time with all the corrosive shit in the minus fucking lots session we had. Added to the new road they are building to replace the pokey country lane that means a couple of miles of the trip are coverd in mud too.

It also means my jacket, lid, gloves, boots etc are also coverd in crap. Still nice to ride to work though. I have to admit to using the rangy the last 2 days though :blush: as full on snotty, sneezy man flu is far more bearable in heated seats than a motorcycle at 4am.

I'm going to need shares in high temperature paint at this rate, but i'm just about keeping it licked. It looks a lot worse than it is because the worst of it is just mud thats baked onto the paint and LOOKS like rust. Its the u bend and where the pipe meets the cyl that really suffers.

I'm going to need shares in high temperature paint at this rate, but i'm just about keeping it licked. It looks a lot worse than it is because the worst of it is just mud thats baked onto the paint and LOOKS like rust. Its the u bend and where the pipe meets the cyl that really suffers.

Aye, Jason

Like you, my U bend is getting a really hard time lately,,,,,,,,if i dont get it cleaned and painted soon,,,,,,,,,,,god dam it, it'll be more money