new lathe, able to make one off parts to order

wayno
This post is 4451 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm picking up a nice shiny new lathe on Thursday morning, it can machine up to 200mm diameter and 350mm long. If anyone needs any one off parts making for a project, I shall be willing to make them for a very small fee (cost of material, plus delivery, plus just a couple of quid to help pay for this lathe).

I also will be getting a mill soon and have grinders, welders and drills so the skies the limit.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm picking up a nice shiny new lathe on Thursday morning, it can machine up to 200mm diameter and 350mm long. If anyone needs any one off parts making for a project, I shall be willing to make them for a very small fee (cost of material, plus delivery, plus just a couple of quid to help pay for this lathe).

I also will be getting a mill soon and have grinders, welders and drills so the skies the limit.

where you located?

where you located?

I'm down south in High Wycombe.

I'm a design engineer at work so I can do 3D models of parts before I do anything (my boss can pay for that :) )

Hi wayno m8, you could be my saviour. :D

I need 2 main stand bolts,(with lock nuts) as I can't get the correct size dia 14mm, I’ve got 2 sets of yam replacement parts, they are 12mm dia, so no good.

All so, could do with side stand bolt,nut,washer, and 2 f/foot rest pivot pins,washer l/nuts.

could you machine 5 items in stainless steel.

So, what do you thank, can you do it, and the cost.

img098_edited-1.jpg

Thanx graham

hmmm .....maybe you could help me out?

im after some metal engine bushes but there an odd size, and i cant find them anywhere.

im after 3 pieces, 11mm O/D , 8mm I/D, about 150mm long,

would you be able to help?

i wish i had the money to buy a lathe... :( right jealous <_<

hmmm .....maybe you could help me out?

im after some metal engine bushes but there an odd size, and i cant find them anywhere.

im after 3 pieces, 11mm O/D , 8mm I/D, about 150mm long,

would you be able to help?

i wish i had the money to buy a lathe... :( right jealous <_<

PM sent

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished making a set of stainless steel footpeg pivot bolts for 4strokertwin. If anyone else would make anything give me a shout

P1214_06-02-11.jpg

• 1 month later...

Picking up a new mini mill tomorrow so can make milled and turned parts as of this week

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd revive this as I'm not doing much in the garage at the moment

hello mate can you make a set of down pipes for an xtz660 :) cheers, Rev

billet downpipes, now there's a job :lol:

If I had a million axis CNC mill I would make a set fo them, just to leave them on the side and look at everyday :)

I do keep thinking about getting a large bore pipe bender, but for the amount of use I'd get ot of it, it's just not worth the money.

• 2 months later...

could be the person to save me.

i need a dowel pin making which is located in the oil pump drive behind the clutch basket but dont know anyone that could do it as i need an oversized one from standard for my divvy xj600.

Can you help?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

• 2 weeks later...

could be the person to save me.

i need a dowel pin making which is located in the oil pump drive behind the clutch basket but dont know anyone that could do it as i need an oversized one from standard for my divvy xj600.

Can you help?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

PM Sent

• 4 months later...

heya i need to find if its possible to have some end caps made its for a 1989 yamaha xj600, it has the black chrome twin exhaust with silver tips, theve rotted and dont want to change the system any chance you could give me some advice please :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online